Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Belinda and the Cardinal

Sorry for the second post today.... Blogger and I didn't get a long and instead of scheduling - it posted.... sometimes I just don't get along with that scheduler!!
Stampavie’s Belinda and the Cardinal
I am very excited to get to show off a brand new image released by Stampavie! This is Belinda and the Cardinal – isn’t she beautiful. 

 She is my first image colored with my new ProMarkers :0) Thanks so much Letraset ! I am really enjoying them - taking a little time to learn the smaller point instead of my brush end of the Copics. But the ink is wonderful... I am just going to need more colors now! But I am really looking forward to their new product at Letraset - Their new FlexMarkers - really interesting and I am looking forward to giving them a try as soon as they are available. Ok.. back to my card. The colors used will be listed below. 
One of my favorite things about this stamp is that the bird is separate, so you can place it where ever you want, and as many times as you want!

For the background of my card I chose 5 different pattern papers from My Minds Eye – Lost & Found Market Street Collection. One as the mat, then I cut the four other patterns into 1.5 inch squares, then sewed them all together with a zig zag stitch. My own quilted background. Love this look! My image was cut into an Oval – with my Nesties. The scroll work on the ends is a Spellbinders Fancy tag cut in half and put on the ends of the oval. This pretty girl needed lots of pearls. I cut a pearl flourish into pieces and then placed around the oval as if behind. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, Wonderful Words with matching die cut words. 
 
ProMarkers Used: Dusky Rose, Pale Pink, Baby Pink, Blush, Caramel,Tan, Burnt Sienna, Ivory, Powder Blue, Sky Blue, Apricot, Warm Grey 3, Warm Grey 5, Blender 
 
Hope you enjoyed my card – Have a great day!
 

 

4 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is fab sweetie, gorgeous work Hugs ♥ Pops ♥ x x x

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is beautiful. I saw the new Flexmarkers being demoed today, they give a nice result.

ednamburgess said...

Great stamp, beautiful card. Edna

Carol Dee said...

Sweet new image and pretty card.