Friday, August 26, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - BINGO

Friday!  I have a teaser for you for Animal Crackers tomorrow :0) Jazz had her baby :0) I am working on photos... and they will be on Saturday!  And Macie is real close to delivering... so maybe we will have two new babies to show you!!!!

But today I have a card to show - My Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge card. This week the challenge is BINGO... there is a bingo card on the challenge you pick the line you would like to take.

I went diagonally - GEMS - FLOWERS - LACE&RIBBON
Now I first picked my paper - I am totally in love with this paper pad. My Minds Eye Lost and Found Blush stack - Adore the roses and pinks with this collection. When I saw the birds and lace paper I knew I had to show it off on the card somehow. So I stacked the three pattern papers so those birds could be high and visible on the card. I colored one of my all time favorite Tildas for this one, it is a birthday card for my MIL.. shh don't tell her ok?

Digging through my lace I found a vintage piece of lace and I sewed a rose colored satin ribbon to it. For my GEMS I found some pink adhesive rhinestones - I put three on each side of the Alota Rubberstamps Happy Birthday. Now after I colored my Tilda I wanted her to sit on the ribbon - but I sort of wanted to have her sitting in a window like area. I then thought about cutting out her feet, and then an arch across the top of her - I like how that came out, then I needed one more piece to my BINGO... flowers. I just couldn't see where I would put "flowers" So I decided it may be stretching the challenge just a bit, but if I added flower soft to Tilda's flowers that technically is adding flowers to my card right?
 Love this stuff- have tons of it.... but rarely use it cuz I don't see it out in my stash. Need to make a mental note to have it out more often for cards. Cool stuff -

I did the inside as well - Love this stamp from Papertrey Ink for the inside of Birthday cards -

I hope MIL likes this one - I was happy with how it turned out. Now you need to pop over to Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge and see all the great BINGO cards the DT are showing off... then join us! Everyone likes to play BINGO!!

Have a great DAY... Toes day with my buddy Tracey... then we will come back here to do some crafting... and probably play with some baby donkeys ;0) 

HUGS and-
 

5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

A beautiful card, I'm sure your MIL will love it.

Helen said...

What a great card; love what you did with the flowers (will put this stuff on my wish-list). I am convinced your MIL will love it. Curious about new baby; hope that Gabby is doing fine. See you tomorrow for some more furry friends. Hope you have a great day with your buddy Tracy.

Marilyn said...

Fab card Michelle and I like how your papers are part of the design... those are yummy papers and I have to check them out.

Carol Dee said...

sweet birthday card, I am suer MIL will love it. Have a fabulous Friday, see you and the crittters in the morning.
Hugs...

Rufus said...

She's gonna love this card! Can't wait to see the Animal Crackers tomorrow, well now I guess it's today. Hope that Gabrielle is doing well.
R/