Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tobi's Christmas Cuddles

I got to craft! And a just cuz craft! I was really wanting to color one of the new Stampavie images, with a bit of a different look. I had seen RACH coloring with very lightened ink lines. I had thought of trying this a while ago using Memento London Fog ink. But even that was darker than I wanted. She suggested making a copy on a transparency setting - really lightened. Well... I did that, and wow somewhat hard to see, but it really is a softer look once you start coloring. A real watercolor edged look. What do you think?
 It is different right? Oh but then I just had to add a bit of snow marker to the hat :0) A bit much cuz it really puffed up big! LOL OH and so you know the name of this one it is in the Laurence Collection - Toby's Christmas Cuddle... too cute!

Then I went to work on my card -
I used papers from Bo Bunny's Father Christmas collection. Love the old fashioned feel of these papers. I picked three patterns and sewed them all on red card stock with a zig zag stitch. A band of red satin ribbon across the middle, and then matted the image with Spellbinders Beaded circles red card stock. It needed more... so each of the "beads" on the mat I added a pearl :0) love that... took lots of pearls, but so worth it. Now I needed a flower. Why I don't know but it really needed a flower.
I took out red mulberry roses - it wasn't right. So I found the two Martha Stewart flower punches and stacked them up. They first are sprayed with Spritze sparkle... say that ten times fast!  Then while still wet I rolled the edges of the petals, and let them dry. Glued the stacks together, and then added one more pearl. Martha leaf and branches are also attached.

Then the sentiment... Totally Adore this one! There are lots of new Christmas Sentiments available from Stampavie make sure and take a look...

 I stamped this one on a scrap of the pattern paper, punched with a Stampin Up label tag punch, then colored the edge with a copic.

One Christmas card done! A million more to go! So have you taken a look at the new Stampavie stamps? Which one is your favorite?

OH I found that Stampavie and more's Challenge is Christmas in Summer... So for the first time in forever I am playing in a challenge with this card!!! :0) 

HUGS - have a great day, see you tomorrow for Just Magnolias and Hanglar Challenge!


9 comments:

Helen said...

What a very cute image and a gorgeous card. I really love it. Hugs from Holland

Anonymous said...

Your card and coloring is absoultely awesome. I love the way your coloring turned out. Really beautiful. And a cute stamp. All of the Stampavie stamps are so cute and cuddly. Want all of them!

tfs
hugs
bobbi

Maryann Laursen said...

This image here is definately ONE of my favorites, but I can´t name just one, as I have fseen at least 15 that I really really want to have, as they´re just all so darned cute ha ha ha. I love cute, and I really think that´s what Stampavie stamps are, they´re just all too cute. I think, I have bought at least 25 this year, but I can also see, I´m not done yet, I´m afriad he he he.
Your card is just gorgeous hun, and I really just LOVE it all as I also totally love the Father Christmas papers you used here too. So in my eyes this can´t be more perfect, than it is LOL.
have a wonderful day hun and let´s see some more of this cuties here.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, that is so lovely!!

Carol Dee said...

WOW, a stunning card. So you are one chistmas card ahead of most of use! LOVE, love , love the Holiday Hugs image. Hugs ...

Heidi Brawley said...

AWESOME! It's sooo darn cute! Great Job on the new technique!
Hugs!

Rufus said...

Cute! Great job on the really soft outline technique. I haven't tried it, think it would be difficult!
R/

Marilyn said...

I for one, am totally sold on this technique and I love how yours looks. It looks like it's been painted and is gorgeous! Really like that flower too.

Tracy said...

This is so adorable Michelle, love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x