Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Bitter sweet

Hi - Tuesdays mean A Spoon Full of Sugar - and this week is very bitter sweet. Why you ask?

Well I am and have been so proud that I have been a member of A Spoon Full of Sugar for so long, one of my first DT's. I can remember the day I was asked to join. I went flying out the back door screaming to Hubby that I got an email from them asking me to join them. He of course looked at me and said A Spoon full of what? What are you talking about? LOL I was so excited. And have totally enjoyed every challenge since that day so long ago. So that is the sweet... the bitter.... After long consideration the challenge is no longer after this final challenge today. I know... sad. Really is very sad. But I understand. Debbie and Nikki have worked so hard for A Spoon Full of Sugar. They are the reason it has been such a huge success. They are amazing women that I hope to continue to call my friends, and hopefully work with on other teams in the future.  I will miss A Spoon - to all the team - you are all wonderfully talented and I have been honored to be a part of this team!

So the last challenge is Party Time. I was torn on what I wanted to do for the last challenge.  Challenge really is pretty wide open, and I started a card for the challenge. But then I decided after making my MIL's Birthday gift that was what I wanted to show off... I mean what is bigger than an 80th birthday party present? Right?

Yes - I know same pattern box I showed yesterday - and the link to the great tutorial is on yesterday's post. But I did my MIL's favorite colors on this box and then went through all of Hubby's familys photos and found this amazing photo of his Mom, him, three sisters and baby brother. Yes Hubby is the handsome little guy in the suit, isn't he just adorable! LOL
I think she really liked it. What is she going to put into the four drawers? No clue... but it was a fun party gift as everyone liked to see the vintage photo printed on the canvas. 

It is a special part gift, very personal. Now please do visit the Spoon Full of Sugar challenge. And Please do join us -

8 comments:

Helen said...

How sad that this challenge/DT team ends. Love how your gift turned out, I am sure MIL was very happy to get this. Hope you had a great party. Regards.

Heidi said...

Oh Michelle this is so cute. I love the old photo, and what a handsome little boy ♥ And your work is stunning like always

Hugs and love
Heidi

Kirsten Alicia said...

What a wondeful gift, the box is so beautiful.

Carol Dee said...

The photo is priceless :) He really is adorable in his suit! I am sure MIL did like this part of her gift. I will be checking out that tutorial. TFS, hugs...

Tracy said...

An amazing and beautiful creation, the perfect gift.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

An amazing and beautiful creation, the perfect gift.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lorraine said...

wow this is so amazing i love it i have always wanted to make one of these but not sure how but i know it would never look this beautiful xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Michelle this is such a beautiful and thoughtful gift I bet your MIL is going to be over the moon excited.