Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sarah Kay - Letraset Safmat Lamp!

Dust it off Sunday - well... I am just too excited and have to show off something that was on the Stampavie and Letraset Blog this weekend... so Dust it Off - is postponed today :0)


While shopping the other day I had a light bulb go off in my head. Literally... a light!  I found these simple pretty glass lamps at IKEA - and for some reason I saw Sarah Kay Images all around the shade. I got so excited, because I knew with the Letraset SafMat product I could easily make that happen!

So how did I make my lamp - Well first I colored up 5 Sarah Kay images with ProMarkers -
Colors Used : Oatmeal, Ivory, Blush, Sandstone, Carmel, Apricot, Blossom, Dusty Rose, Antique Pink, Pink Carnation, Blue Bell, Lavender, Buttercup, Meadow Green, Marsh Green,  Denim Blue, Powder Blue, Tan, Burnt Sienna, Poppy,  Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 5, Pastel Beige, and Blender Pen


I then measured my lamp shade. To determine the height I want to print my images on the SafMat -
Then  Scan or Photo your  images, and then print them to the size needed to fit the lamp shade.

Then it is just a matter of spacing the images around the shade and sticking them in place.


To cover the seams - I used a wide dotted satin ribbon. This is for decoration embellishment as well as to cover the edges of all the SafeMat printed images. I used a clear craft glue to stick the ribbon.

My Lamp is a clear glass - open on the bottom. I filled the glass with Mulberry Roses and Flowers, then used a piece of scrap card stock cut in the same size circle opening and attached it to cover the hole. You could also fill it with buttons, shells, whatever your mind can come up with!

I am pretty happy how this came out - I could see this in a little girls room, nursery or such. But for now I am happy with it sitting in my craft room   - I have to say I have been looking at all kinds of lamps now! I have a totally different one in the works  right now! What a great personalized gift item! A child's desk lamp with their favorite character and their own name maybe - oh the ideas are endless!
Thanks so much for looking - hope you enjoyed my light bulb moment!
Michelle Oatman

14 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOW Michelle what an awesome job, you´ve done here. I love Sarah Kay stamps, and I totally agree, they fit so perfect on the shade here and your lamp looks stunning. Such an awesome idea, that I´m afraid, I´ll have to "borrow" sometimes. It looks really awesome and I just LOVE what you´ve done here.
Have a wonderful week ahead filled with loads of fun and great ideas ha ha ha.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That´s really stunning! I´m speachless about your great project! *gg* Keep on going! Just Fab!
hugs
Nina

Dee in N.H. said...

That is awesome!! What a great idea! Love it!

Martina said...

Gosh...this is really amazing! I love that lamp!! What a great idea and even Sarah Kay's...my all time Favourite =))
Martina

Tini A. said...

OMG Michelle... your lamp is more than beautiful!!!! What a wonderful work. Love it!

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE that lamp. The base would be so much fun to fill... sea shells, buttons, rocks, loose ribbons, spools of threads, the list is endless. Your shade rocks... TFS, Hugs...

The Crafting Cook said...

Loved your "light bulb moment"! What a brilliant idea- great for a gift for anyone. Teresa x

Lorraine said...

WOW THIS IS STUNNING AND SO CLEVER I LOVE IT X

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's so lovely!!

ednamburgess said...

Very cute. Love the way it all turned out. Edna

Helen said...

Wow, what a great job ; it is really great.

Paul @ Letraset said...

Wow Michelle, great use of Safmat. This is a perfect gift idea!

Jingle said...

This is super cute!

Heidi said...

OH WOW this is just so stunning!!!
Love it ♥

Hugs from
Heidi