Friday, August 19, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - No Ordinary Sentiments

No Ordinary Sentiments???  Ok, that challenge stumped me too for a bit for this weeks Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge. But all that really means is to use something a bit different - not the regular Happy Birthday - Thinking of you - traditional sentiments. Don't have stamps that are Not the Ordinary? Then how about just typing up something on your computer? What ever it takes. Me... I had a stamp... couldn't find if forever, but then in the very last place I looked.. LOL there it was!

Love this Lucille Ball quote for a Birthday Card -
 Can you read it? I don't like the font it is typed with... it is from a Close To My Heart set - Here is a close up....
Love it! I Love Lucy! LOL   For my card I used more of those My Minds Eye papers - this set is the Lost and Found Rosey set. Pretty colors in this one! I layered the two pattern papers with cream card stock and kraft paper. Sewed everything down, and added a satin ribbon. Then for more girlie I added some mulberry roses, Martha Stewart branch punches, and pearls.

My Hanglar girl is colored with my new ProMarkers - Really starting to adore these markers! I just need more ;0)
 The colors used are :
Skin - Ivory and Oatmeal
Hair - Carmel and Burnt Sienna
Dress and Purse - Pastel Beige, Marsh Green and Antique Pink
The back ground - Ice Grey 1 & 5


OH and shocker here... but I did the inside as well and actually remembered to photograph it! The Happy Birthday sentiment inside is from Alota Rubberstamps. 

 Hope you had fun with my Non ordinary sentiment card :0)

And hope you have a wonderful Friday! See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!!!
HUGS and-


5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful!

Carol Dee said...

Great Birthday car. I will be checking in the mornig to see the animals!

ednamburgess said...

Such a cute card. Love the way you've laid it out. Edna

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a sweet card!!

Helen said...

it is gorgeous!