Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Holiday fun!

I would love a holiday!! Go off somewhere cooler maybe, sit and watch the ocean? The mountains? Heck a clean house! Don't matter somewhere to just sit and chill! But that isn't on the schedule anytime so I guess I'll have to just stay here and melt in the heat, and clean my own house :0) I am enjoying a little time out with the new baby, Gabrielle, dang she is a cutie! And I got some FANTASTIC photos for tomorrows Animal Crackers post! How is that for a teaser? :0)

But today is Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge and the theme today is Holiday fun. What holiday you ask? What ever holiday you would like! Me I went with more of a late summer holiday look. Wish I was Tilda here - she looks so peaceful and relaxed -
 My image ended up being a bit larger than I had planned - by the time I used Tilda sitting on her post, and then added the Heart carved trees on each side. Yes the one on the left did get 99% cut off :0) I drew in some rolling hills. My colors were chosen in coloring with my Copics to match the new My Minds Eye Lost and Found Sunshine papers. I am so totally in love with these Lost and Found collection!!! You will be seeing them quite a lot as I got a few of the color collections on a really good sale! LOL I sewed down tow of the pattern papers with a cream color mat behind each of them and the image. A simple satin ribbon across the middle.

I added three mulberry roses, Martha Stewart frond and branch punches. Do you love that sentiment or what!!
This is one of the new sets from Papertrey Ink - you stamp out a pattern for the "ribbon" then die cut it out with the matching die. Then the sentiments have lots of "toppers" to match the shapes of the tag ribbons. You can see them all here at Papertrey Ink. Love these! And this sentiment was just perfect for my summery holiday card I think! I added three buttons to the bottom of the tag .
I colored Tilda with my Copics - then shaded with pencils. Love the rich look this gives. I then added Stickles to Tilda's wings and then to the mulberry flowers for just a bit more bling.

Hope you will now pop over to Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge and then join us on our Holiday Fun.

I think I am going to pop this card onto my cards for sale page -

Then I am going to get dressed, and head out. Have a couple of errands to run, then meeting up with buddy Tracey for our Toe Day :0) - So need it! Hope you have something fun planned for today!

HUGS and see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers and LOTS of Gabrielle!

2 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a pretty card & yes, I love the sentiment - going to have to have them!! Have a fab Friday.

Tracy said...

Your card is so sweet Michelle, I love the little scene and your colouring is superb.
Happy crafting
Tracy x