Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Magnolia ! The Monthly Technique! A Tent Card!!!

 
How wonderful and fun is this?? I have never done a tent card before, and I tell you I really enjoyed making this one. Today is Just Magnolia Challenge day and this week is our Monthly Technique -
Our Featured Stamper this month is Dena and she has done an amazing tutorial for us, a tent card! You can find all of the instructions on how to make one of these fun 3-d cards on the Just Magnolia Challenge

  
For my tent I was a bit different than the tutorial.. LOL - I have never been great at following the rules and instructions. But earlier in the week I had read another tutorial that I was dying to try as well.. and since card making time this week has been limited with work going on, I decided to combine the two tutorials~~~ LOL 

The second tutorial I wanted to try, I found on the Simon Says Blog - to use our border punches in new ways... On my card here you can see I have used the Martha Stewart Loop border punch, how cool is it that it is around the oval!!! Too see how to do this, visit Simon Says.. and don't forget to see the store while there.. wink wink.

My pattern paper I used is from K&Co. Designer Paper pad - Terri Conrad Sweet Live, really pretty papers, love the colors. I cut a square out of the center of my cover of my tent. the used the center to cut a Oval with my Nesties - this is what I put the Loop border on, I then added more loops to the left and right of the cover. A bunch of Creative Imaginations Felt flowers with hot pink mini brad centers on the corners.

For my Magnolia image, I decided that the dragonfly Tilda was perfect to fly through the center of my tent - I colored her with my Copics, then cut her out with a small amount of white as a border, then attached her to the oval. Then I added LOTS of stickles to her wings - wings need to have lots of bling you know!

  

Now you must go and see all the other Just Magnolia DT's cards - Wow this to me was a really fun and gorgeous technique that we all had tons of fun and will be working with again in the future.


Now don't forget my Blog Candy running all this month!!! You can get to it by the link in my side Candy Bar! 

Have a wonderful Friday - you have fun plans for the weekend?
HUGS and -


8 comments:

Marley said...

Wow gorgeous card!! Look like she is really flying!! great punch and really nice colouring! xxx Marley

Tracy said...

Great tent card, love the colours and papers.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Imke said...

Wonderful colors and layout. And little Tilda is so cute !

Dianne said...

I love this card. It is so cheerful!! I havd never seen a tent card before - thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing.

Danni said...

This is so cute!! Fun!

Rufus said...

Great card, have been and checked out both tutorials. thanks for the heads up! Will have to try that one of these days. Have to get a number of things off the to do list first!
R/

Renkata said...

Such a cute lovely card!!

Anonymous said...

Hello


You will not believe what I just found! [url=http://www.foolioo.com]Foolioo.com[/url] makes [url=http://www.foolioo.com]free[/url] custom website for free. Yep! That's right, FREE!
Never imagined it'd be so easy to get a free website and I really had to tell you guys.



So if you're looking for a free website, give these guys a try.



Bye