Sunday, March 28, 2010

The MichJay Challenge is back!

Ok... I know many of you are scratching your head and saying "HUH? MichJay Challenge?" 

Let me explain for you - My buddie Jay Jay and I were talking last year that we both had this "fear" of making 3-d items. We needed a push to help us get into the swing of doing things other than plain flat cards. So we started up the MichJay Challenge! Due to the holidays and the CHA we put it off for a few months. But we are back! And for our first challenge for 2010 we decided to Spring into things and make a POP UP card! Now I have never made one of these before, and I really don't know what Jay Jay has made, but me... I think I went a bit different. The easy way I think, but it is cute and different!

Here is the front...  Looks like a "regular" card I know. I used the Stampavie Gillian Roberts "Looking at You" image. One because it is one of my favorite Spring images, and two because that little butterfly fits the inside of my card :0)

I used a light blue card stock for the base, matted with a very light pink card stock mat. The Pattern paper is from K&Company's new Specialty Paper pad, lots of enhanced papers in this stack, foil, bling and flock!   I wanted the paper to be just a bit simpler so the image would stand out on the front and the "pop" in the inside. I sewed down the papers with a zig zag stitch and then ran piece of antique lace, with pink dotted ribbon as a vertical band, then matted my image with a Nesties Label cut blue mat. Then I added three pink mulberry roses, and Martha Frond leaves punches.

Now for the INSIDE:

Simple... I know... but I was trying to make the actual Spring be the focus! The inside pattern papers are the same as the front, layered with pink mats card stock, and sewed down. Here is a better view of the Spring...


This was soooo easy! I saw this on a blog a while back. Sorry I don't remember where, I so wish I could give credit, cuz it is a great simple idea!   I used my extra large Fiskars Circle Squeeze punch, then I cut in creating a spring. I attached the inside part of the circle to the top inside of the card, and the outside part of the circle to the bottom. I just used scotch tape here cuz I wanted it to hold, and I knew I was covering it with my sentiment.

On my Spring I attached lots of Martha Stewart Butterfly punches, that I added Stickles to for some pretty bling. My sentiment is one of my new favorites... from My Sentiments Exactly. I got it at Hobby Lobby on clearance. I layered matching card stock for the mat. And done!


It was fun and something different! Thanks so much Jay Jay for the challenge this month! Now I can't wait to "POP" over to your blog and see how you "popped up"!   Please visit Jay Jay HERE and see too! And if you would like to join us in our challenge please do, and the comment and let us know so we can come and see your pop up!

HUGS and-

10 comments:

cheryl said...

wow hun really love this those papers are just gorjus,I love Kay and Co great image hugs cheryl xxx

Marja Sch said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. I lovely the inside to. Hugs Marja

Irena said...

Super cute and beautiful card :)

Julia said...

Very nice card. Love the dp's, & colors. The inside is wonderful, with such an easy technique but yet so amazing in the appearance/effect.
Great job as always!!
Hugs,
Julia B.

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Your card is wonderful hun! I took another pop up technique but first I wanted to take the same like you. I love it! The colors are great and your front as wonderful as the inside!!!

Sabine said...

Michelle....it's a wonderful card....you have made!!
Sorry...my English isn't very good. So i can say more!!
Hugs Sabine from Germany

Becky said...

This is an adorable card, love the image and love the inside.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the pop up technique you used. It's one I haven't seen before and I'll definitely be trying it. it's beautiful!

Mary Lou said...

Great card Michelle~~I am partial to butterflies and that was very clever :) I really really love the papers you used~~so soft and sweet!!
Thanks and blessings

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

i love the inside of this card....this is adorable