Friday, March 26, 2010

Just Magnolias - A fun Sketch!

Friday = Just Magnolias Challenge! YEA! And today is a wonderful sketch! But first I got a new Tilda in the mail this past week... so I just had to ink her up and color her and her cute little lamb!

How precious is this image? I love it! Only one thing... does her foot look a bit odd? Don't know what it is, not the right angle? Too small? I don't know but that foot up in the air just isn't right. But I still love the image! I have colored with my Copics - high lighted with a white gel pen. And then I used white puff paint for the lamb.

For my card I followed the sketch for the challenge, and used Papertrey Ink Pattern Papers. Love these, that they all match so well together. I sewed everything done. I then just had to have a picket fence for the image, so I  punched the extra large Martha Stewart border punch. Love how wide these are. I then found some mulberry flowers that were lilac in color and I though were perfect, and added some Martha Stewart Frond leaves.


I was a bit stumped for what I wanted to use as a sentiment. And then I found these three epoxy stickers - I like how they seem to work well with the image.

I hope you like it - and I also hope that you will pop over to the Just Magnolias Challenge see the sketch and join in. FABULOUS prizes here!!!

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS

15 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is beautiful Michelle, I love the colours. You're right about her foot, it's definitely a little off. But the image is still gorgeous.

Larisa said...

Very nice job Michelle!!! I love the tender colours a lot1 Also the details (flowers) are so good. All is good really )))

Julia said...

It is such a cute image that luckily you don't notice the foot, but yes it does look odd, maybe she is avoiding stepping on something, lol.
Love the colors, flowers, papers used. Just the sweetest card.
Hugs,
Julia B.

cheryl said...

this is really gorjus hun stunning detail hugs cheryl x

Sheri said...

you did an amazing job on this one. She is adorable and had you not said anything I would never have noticed the foot. It sure doesn't jump out at me.

Leah l'Orange said...

hee hee... Michelle, your card is GORGEOUS, and i love how you've done the lamb with the puff! you're TOTALLY right about the foot though. the angle is weird - like she's twisting her foot inward and it's a little small. ??? but yeah, your card is too cute that it's not even noticeable!

happy friday!

Kelly Schelske said...

She's cute..her foot does look funny now that you mention it, but she is still adorable!

Danni said...

Super cute card!! I hadn't noticed her foot but it does look out of place!

Julie said...

This is just delightful!! Great colouring and I love the trail of flowers - I'm just loving all the DT cards this week!! Juliex

Rufus said...

You need to get them to make you one of Tilda with a DONKEY! Cute card and love all your embellies.
R/

Cynde said...

This card is Gorgeous Michelle! Oh my goodness, love the color your chose for the whole thing. Your flowers match so perfect. Love the sentiment. I thought it was a stamped sentiment first when I saw it. Then read it was stickers...I think it should be made into a sentiment. Love that! Totally Gorgeous your coloring is to die for...Would love to receive such a card...I'm sure it will knock some ones socks off! Hugs...

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful layout design on this sketch and Tilda is so sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Moshie said...

Just wondering by and wanted to let you know I love this card!!! Enjoyed all the animals too!
hugs, Moshie

Dyonne said...

A beautiful card.
Love the faith, hope & love on the card.
Greetings, Dyonne

Caroljenks said...

GORGEOUS card. LOVE the colours you've used and your colouring is perfection.

Carol x