Monday, March 15, 2010

Penny Johnson - I love Honey!

Well... I know you are all dying to know how much I got done at my craft time with my buddie and Sister. LOL Well my Sister ended up not getting to come, and my buddie only could stay 5 hours. Now that is just not enough time to get lots done is it? I mean we had to visit each pen, go in and play with the baby goats, see the new craft room, and then sit and talk for at least 3 hours before we could get busy! After all it had been a few months since we have gotten together and crafted! She got almost one scrapbook page done, I got nada, zip, nothing! LOL I was helping her with ideas so does that count? We are going to get together again in a week or so maybe and then we will get more done cuz we have caught up on all our gossip... ahem I mean chatting. :0)

So last night I put together one of the images I had colored - This is Stampavie Penny Johnson's "I Love Honey" - Cute huh?

I love coloring images like this that have shadows and shape. This little bear in his honey pot is all colored with my Copics - Then I went back and added dimensional glaze over all the honey. It is a really cool look in person, but I just couldn't capture it with my camera - can you see it?

Maybe a little? Sigh.. I tried. For my card I went through my scraps - I believe my pattern paper is from Fancy Pants, I used a scrap of pink card stock for the mat. I ran it through my Cuttlebug, and then my Nesties square scallop die. Different. I punched a wide Scalloped Lattice Martha Stewart Border punch out of scrap white card stock. Then found 6 buttons that matched everything and stacked them and tied them with Karen Foster Scrappers floss. The sentiment is from Stamps by Judith punched out with a SU Word Window punch.

So are you hungry for some honey now?

Have a wonderful Monday! HUGS and-

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I love this card, it's beautiful and perfectly coloured. I think I need that stamp... x

Linda said...

This is adorable! Love pink and green. Great coloring. Just can't get that look with my Copics... sigh.

Hugs, Linda

Kelly Schelske said...

It's wonderful Michelle! Love the colors!

Jingle said...

I love this! So adorable and those colors are just super fun!

Yvonne said...

What a lovely card. Great coloring. What a good idea with the honey!! Hugs, Yvonne

Anita said...

This is so cute. I love the image.

KarenB said...

Beautiful work. I love the dimensional glaze on the honey, such a clever idea :)