Monday, March 8, 2010

The Stampavie DT Challenge IS BACK!!! SPRING In!

 BLOG CANDY LINK IS ON THE TOP RIGHT OF MY SIDE BAR :0)

 Yea!!! The Stampavie Challenge is back at the DT BLOG!!! We took a short break for the holidays and then for CHA, but now we are back and Springing back into action!  The challenge this week is a pretty easy one, and one we all I am sure looking forward to! SPRING ... I am so ready for the cold, cloudy, wet weather to go away and the sun, warmth and flowers to return! How about you?

For my card I pulled out one of the new Penny Johnson images "My Little Lamb"... now me personally "My Little Goat - Lucy" would have been more me... but I do love this image with that fuzzy little ewe.
Isn't she just so pretty? Love her hair blowing in the breeze. I colored with my Copics and then cut out the circle and the mat in green card stock with my Nesties.

 
For my card, I pulled out some really pretty papers!! Love all the flowers! This is K&Company Designer Paper Stack - Terri Conrad Sweet Life. I used the smaller pattern as the back ground matted on white card stock then placed on the green card stock card base, then sewed it all together with a pretty bright blue thread on my machine. For my Loops around my circle - that is that Simon Says Blog tip again! Using border punches around your shapes! I am having so much fun trying all my border punches.. I have found that looser patterns are much easier at tighter circles :0) My favorite is the Martha Stewart Loops punch... used here.  

I then found a larger flower pattern in the paper stack and cut out two groupings of flowers for the bottom two corners. Now my only regret on these papers is there is no bling... these gorgeous flowers need some bling!! Well that is what we have Stickles for right? I placed them in the corners, and the filled in with two shades of bling! Has lots of sparkle now! LOL

My sentiment is from the dollar spot at Micheals.. Celebrate Spring - thought it was appropriate for the challenge.. wink wink...

Now you pop on over and check out the other DT Cards, and then grab any Stampavie image and join us! Great prizes up for grabs!!

Have a wonderful Monday!


9 comments:

Leann said...

Michelle, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!
Love the loopy border - it looks so perfect!
Hugs x

Annie said...

the trouble is Michelle, there are too too many new adorable stamps from Stampavie! this is just adorable, I'm hoping my new ones on pre-order arrive very soon.
hugs, annie x

ribenaruby said...

Great border, beautiful detail!

Linda said...

I am so glad the Stampavie challenge is back! And your card is awesome! I'm going to have to borrow your corner idea. I like that! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Linda

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg!! Your card is totally cute!! Love everything about it!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Imke said...

Love the circle border and the DP. Beautiful card...yeah i want sring !

Cards By MI said...

A really sweet card!
xMarie

Yvonne said...

Now this is real spring!! Lovely bling on this card Michelle. Hugs, Yvonne

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx