Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Spoon Full of Sugar is in SHAPE!!

Spoon is really taking Shape this week! Yes ... this week A Spoon Full of Sugar the challenge is to make a card with some shape, no square cards here!

Now I have been really short of crafting time this last week. Work Work Work... and not much fun time! LOL ok, so I was shipping out stamps to customers so that was fun :0)

But now for my shape card - I was stumped on what I wanted to do... and of course kept putting it off all week... and then was out of time. So I got to thinking... hmmm why can't I use a chipboard album? And take it apart and just have a card from it? And heck the "album" gives me a few more cards for later.. he he

Now I covered the chipboard Inside and outside, with Core'dinations card stock. Then sanded the edges and a bit across the tops. For my image I used one of Stampavie's new Penny Johnson images, this is Penelope - love all them flowers and that flowing dress. I colored her with my Copics and then cut her out with a wide border around her. I cut a circle to be the center of my flower as a mat behind her, I used lots of bling rhinestones around the edge.  The words Thank You are one of the Jumbo punches from Martha Stewart - had it for months, and I think this is the first time I have used it.. oops :0)

I wanted a bit more, but pattern paper just seemed too much, and I was stumped as it really is plain... I don't do plain well... I then found a couple of Fancy Pants rub-ons... that helps I think.

So what do you think? Too plain, maybe I should have covered the flower with pattern paper after all...

Now please pop over and see all the shaped cards! FUN FUN FUN! So click here.. to visit A Spoon Full of Sugar!

HUGS and -

4 comments:

cheryl said...

wow this is just gorjus hun so detailed hugs cheryl x

Zuila said...

your card is adorable

Leah l'Orange said...

love it, Michelle! the distressing/inking around the edges makes it POP!

Shelly said...

Cute card, Michelle. It was a great idea to use the chipboard album.