Saturday, October 4, 2008

Donkeys in the Mist


Man was it foggy this morning! First morning in ages that we have had fog like this. I couldn't even see my MIL house, and it is only 214 feet from mine... snort snort... the only reason I know the distance is because of the electrical line. No really that is true ;0)









Anyway I got some cool photographs this morning for Donkey Saturday. First is the sunrise. Pretty huh? The second one has Coffee walking through the gate to come and get his morning ear rub. Love that sunrise in the fog.







And how do you like this group shot? This is from one side looking back towards two pens of donkeys, you can see my Standards between the two pens. The oak tree also stands between the pens, can't be in the pen or the donkey would rub and chew on it and I don't want anything to damage this tree. But this photo does give you an idea of a group of my children. And this is only 10 or so out of 26.









Then I caught what we call Donkey Kisses. I have showed photos of this before, but I love when it is Darlene and Macey..... where does one start and the other end? This is a bit of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of thing. :0)













I wasn't going to show this, but then decided to go ahead. It didn't come out at "nice" as I wanted. I purchased a puzzle card for my Nephew, his birthday was this week and his party is this weekend. And I thought he would get a kick out of the card coming in pieces, he is now 6. Well this puzzle is slick paper, and man .... my Copics were not happy coloring on it! Not fun, and next time I will have to try something else, I don't even know if my pencils would have colored on it. So it is a bit streaky and not even, but I finally got it where I accepted it. Now the funny thing - This new Magnolia Edwin stamp... it is my nephew. NO really it is him!!






And you want to see even funnier -





Remember my card with Tilda in front of the Alota Rubber stamps school house? This is my Niece... SO you know I had to own these two new stamps right? I mean I think they used my Niece and Nephew for the models!



Ok, I think that is long enough... whew! Hope you have a great Saturday planned, mine is some blog surfing for a few minutes, laundry, some house cleaning and then cake making later... Yes, I am the official birthday cake maker.... One decorated for the kids to eat and then I make something more "adult" and from scratch. Kids this year is going to be the some fly boat thing from one of the cartoons he watches. Sorry I forgot the name again. And the other is called "14 carrot cake". I don't like carrot cake, but I love this one lots of yummies in it! And fresh whipped cream cheese frosting don't hurt! So better get going - hope you have a great day and get inky!
HUGS and-

18 comments:

Lim said...

Your niece and nephew are gorgeous. :)) I always laugh when I see your post. I think you are right about magnolia. :)))

Both cards are beautiful. ;))
and what a foggy morning!!The pictures are beautiful!
Hugs,
LIM

Kelly L said...

The donkeys in the mist photos are really cool, and I just LOVED the donkey kisses one with Macey. SWEET!

Now I think your puzzle card looks terrific, and I had to chuckle at how much the stamped images DO look just like your niece and nephew. Adorable kids! :) Mmm, that carrot cake sounds yummy! Have a GREAT weekend! :) Kel

Chris (catt871) said...

HAHA!! Sooo cute - your niece and nephew DO look like Edwin and Tilda!!!!! I bet he will LOVE that card too!!!! Where did you buy that? AWESOME job!! And I am so in love with your donkeys....they are sooo cute!!!! Those pictures warm my heart!!! :)

DawnMarie said...

Hmmmmm, I wonder if carrot cake would get to Scotland in one piece if you sent it air mail, hmmmm???? Love the cards as always Michelle, and I always love Donkey Saturday.x

christina d said...

I love the donkey pictures. The ones with the fog are really neat. Of course I love th donkies. Those stamps sure look like your nephew and niece. The cards are cute too.

Sharon said...

Love the sunset and coffee. Looks very artistic!!
Omg those Tilda stamps could have been modelled on your niece and nephew. I had to laugh.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous photo's Michelle, Love your puzzle card for your nephew. Oh your nephew and niece are both so adorable.. you sure made me chuckle! Yum, I love carrot cake.. my favourite is from Cracker Barrell, Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

BethW said...

I so love the Donkey Kisses. Cards are adorable-resemblance is truly remarkable.

Suzanne said...

Ok where do I start the donkeys I think!! They look great in the mist it looks very romantic, your nephew and niece are very cute I also have a little niece who wears glasses and it always makes me think of bookworm Tilda. Now carrot cake I love it my all time favourite I have a receipe I use and take to work sometimes and they say it is the best so maybe we could swap receipe's sometime. I will be round for a slice later!! Love this puzzle card what a great idea haven't seen these yet in the UK. Ok thats it Sue :o)

TA Carbone said...

Everything is Fantastic Michelle even the puzzle card. Next time try Ranger's Alcohol Ink with a paint brush. That stuff loves slick surfaces.

TA
http:;/carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Cheribella said...

Love this post from beginning to end. I needed a smile today and this did the trick. The Magnolia stamps are definitely your niece and nephew - luv it! Donkey kisses have got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am so in for a piece of that carrot cake...what time are we eating it?

Anita said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. I love your card!The boy reminds me of my son when he was litlle.

Allison Rankin said...

You're right...they are spitting images of these stamps! How fun!

Deb Wood said...

Awesome photos and wonderful cards!! I just adore your donkeys!!

Annie said...

beautiful pictures of the misty morning sunrise and the donkeys, and your neice and nephew too. dont forget to give Gloria a hug from me! hugs, annie x

Heidi said...

Love to see all the photos my friend-great children and great donkeys

Big hugs from
Heidi

tyrymom29 said...

Your niece and nephew are soooo cute!!! Love the cards!!

Heidi said...

I love the donkey kisses, and their colors look so vivid in that photo. The pics of your niece and nephew are hilarious! Heidi