Monday, October 20, 2008

Embrace The Goddess Within - and Alota Halloween!

Before I get to the two cards I made for today - I have to say a HUGE Thank you to Katharina!!! I was gone all day yesterday and late last night I was heading for bed after a long day and decided to take just a few minutes check my email and see a few blogs to relax a bit. When I saw Katharina's blog... no relaxing! I was screaming for Hubby to hurry and see! Katharina chose me as her featured YaoB Sunday (Your artwork on my Blog)creation for this week! How exciting is that! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Katharina! You have made my day, week, and month!





I do have two cards for today. How about fun and just for laughs first? I didn't get but a small handful of stamps at the Expo this past weekend. This is two of them from Rubbernecker. I have quite a few of their "character" line. I find them... well hysterical! This was a new one to me and I had to have them! Embrace the Goddess Within - is just a perfect sentiment for this beautiful little lady! LOL! I have to tell you Hubby thought it was an Alien, then once I colored it in, he said "Well it still looks like an Alien... but it also looks just like..... " I won't finish that here just in case. ;0)
Quickly, My little lady is colored with Copics, Sakura Glaze Pens and Spica Glitter Pens, really looks awesome! Love her glitter purple shoes! I used a light purple card stock for the base, then found some scrap dark purple card stock that I placed under a piece of patterned vellum. Thought that had a different but pretty look. The pattern paper is from Heidi Grace and has a beautiful shimmer to it. I matted everything and sewed together (this helps with attaching vellum he he) I wrapped a satin ribbon around the pattern piece and then used three of my new bling flowers across the ribbon. Ok, how funny is it!!!
Now for some serious work.. ha! I just got the new Alota Rubberstamps Halloween Witches Brew collection! There are so many fun images with this collection. I picked a few to fit the sketch of this weeks Friday Sketchers and colored them with Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pens and Spica Glitter Pens. My circle is Heidi Grace Halloween Shimmer paper, love it very fun, I cut it with my Fiskars Circle Cutter and placed it on black card stock. I was a little frazzled about what to use for the band across the middle, and then remembered this fun Halloween ribbon that I purchased last year on clearance. Dug for a while and found it! I ran three pieces across to make it wide enough, love how the "boo" ribbon matches her dress. I should say I planned it, but nope pure luck! I turned the sketch to place the pumpkin and cat at the bottom corner. Now you can't see it in the photo but on the black card stock I used a spider stamp that is part of the set and VersaMark water mark stamp, looks kind of neat in person, just hard to see in a photograph. Then I stitched the edges of the circle and around the edge with the orange Soufle pen. The image is inked on the edge with purple and stitched with purple.
Because a black card stock would be hard to do anything on the inside I placed a matted white card stock inside, stamped with the Alota Rubberstamps Happy Halloween, doodle the edge and then stamped with the spider stamp from the set. And this card is perfect timing for this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge which this week is Halloween! YEA!
I have a few minutes so I am going to try and hit a few blogs, then I have to run... it is MIL shopping day. I hadn't planned for that today but my MIL has a few things she has to do today, so we are going to get everything she needs for the week done today. Hope you have a great Monday planned, make sure to have some time to get inky -
HUGE HUGS and -

26 comments:

Sharon said...

Two great cards Michelle and congratulations on being Katharina's YAOB.
Lol love the "alien" and your Halloween card looks fab!

Annie said...

Congratulations on the YAOB this week Michelle, and your cards are a scream! That RN lady with the bee hive hairdo is so funny and the little Alota Witch looks just like me - ha, ha! love her cat and pumpkin too. hugs, annie x

Kristine said...

OH< this is stinkin' FUNNY!! =) Love your card Michelle.

Alhambra Club said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful, love these cards the stamps are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Two amazing cards Michelle...fabulous RubberNecker stamp! Love all your details.
Thanks for joining us again at FS.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Raisa said...

I love Your creation and visit You often even if I do leave a comment just too seldom
Anuway, I tagged You, hope You have the time and inspiration to play along

Catherine said...

both cards are just adorable!

Ila said...

Congratulations on being this weeks YAOB...your creations are So Gorgeous!!
I love both of these cards...but that Halloween one is Spookily Fabulous!!!..Hugs, Ila

Cynde said...

Michelle I saw last nite that you had gotten the award from Katharina! Congratulations....I told her she made an excellent choice!
These cards are so Cute! Love the halloween one. The witch card is great! Like all the colors and your coloring.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Congratulations Michelle on the YAOB.. you must have been thrilled to see your name and creations on Katharina's blog! Two fabulous cards, the first is just so funny and what a fun image, I love this halloween set and would buy it just for the kitty! Hugs, Nikki x

Happy Crafter said...

Love them both great fun cards :)
Val x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

faaaaaabulous :-0
your coloring is always so stunning.
love the inside as well sweetie
hugs
claudia

Kelly L said...

I totally LOL at your hubby's comment. She does kinda look alien-y. The poor dear. The witch is really cute, and I love the matted layers on the inside as well. GREAT little spider hangin' on there, too.

Hope you don't mind a shameless plug -- Great papercrafting goodies at discounted prices -- http://www.shop.klstampinNscrappin.com Hope ya stop by. :) Kel

Patti Smith said...

Congrats on the being featured on the blog..will have to bounce over and check it out....love the "little ole lady" and the Halloween card is awesome...have a good week my friend!!

Emily said...

Just amazing cards, I love the Halloween one :)

You deserve to be featured on YAOB as your work is alway great!

cats whiskers said...

Two brilliant cardslove the colouring and loads of congrats on being Katharinas YAOB this week well deserved
Hugs Jacqui x

Mel said...

Fab cards :)
Mel

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing on PTW! x

Suzanne said...

Funny and scary great combination!! well funny definatley but scary I don't think so very very cute is a better discription. gorgeous cards. Sue :o)

Ann said...

Really great colourful cards with such lovely detail - brilliant. xx

Dawny P said...

Huge congtrats on YAOB - well done. I just had a look through your work and it is stunning so I am not at ll surprised. I am putting a link from my blog to here cos I dont want to miss any more of your fab stuff - hope that's ok xxx I love your PTW card - brilliant spider. Thanks for joining us over at PTW xxxx

Heidi said...

I love this cards Michelle-and your coloring is so stunning.

Hugs from
Heidi

Cathy said...

Such fab cards - love both. great images, papers and details.
Cathy xx

Jilli said...

Two totally amazing cards! Congratulations on YAOB! Jillix

Joey said...

two beautiful cards! I adore your halloween one its brill.x

yanmaneee said...

steph curry shoes
supreme clothing
yeezys
air jordan
lebron 17 shoes
air jordan
kobe shoes
canada goose outlet
lebron shoes
kenzo clothing