Friday, October 24, 2008

Yee Haw - You're Great!

This one is different for me. I had a idea in my head, and it just wouldn't come out and go onto the card. Cute Card Challenge this week is "The Stars at Night"... to use stars in your card. Well Yee Haw I just got a few of the New Martha Stewart border punches and was really looking forward to using one, I picked the picket fence border. That has a "western" kind of feel, don't you. I then found a piece of paper that has stars on it, ok they were really large stars so only one would fit on my card, but one big star qualifies right? I matted the star and found a piece of Core'dinations paper that would go with it, I sanded it to distress and match the feel of the pattern paper.
It really made me happy to pull out a stamp I haven't used in a while. Sweet Ebony Giddy Up! She is perfect for this card, don't you think. I colored her with my Copic, Spica Glitter Pens and white gel pen and then cut her out with a border. The Hero Arts Sentiment is stamped on a Martha Stewart label card, it was white and red... and when I put it on the card I think it glowed in the dark - really bright. So I colored it with a Copic marker to tone it down. I punched the picket fence border out of the back side of the star paper, it needed more. I found a star ribbon, but it was royal blue, did not match at all. I was upset because it would have been perfect. I then decided it wouldn't hurt if I tried and inked it. Taa Daa... that worked! Then for some bling I added some brown dew drops and some red foil stars to it. Now I am ok with how it came out, but let me tell you this all took me probably 2 hours! I really struggled with the layout and the items. Do you ever have a card like that? It just won't go together like it should.



Can you believe it is Friday? I think a couple of days this week were missed. I am going to sit and enjoy some blogs, eat some breakfast, and then put myself in fast forward and get my list done today so I can go and play tomorrow!


Hope you have a great day, and have some fun plans for the weekend... like getting inky!
HUGS and -

13 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card Michelle I love how you have coloured the image. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Sharon said...

Brilliant Michelle. Love the little picket fence, wish we could get the MS punches over here.They look good.

Annie said...

fabulous stary creation Michelle and love that cute picket fence punch! have a great weekend, hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Michelle, glad you managed to get the idea onto paper eventually! The picket fence looks great with the image!
Have a great weekend.
Carole x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Michelle and I think I feel a spend coming on.. I keep seeing all these fabulous Martha punches, Gorgeous image and love the big star, Hugs, Nikki x

Jilli said...

Fab card Michelle, love that picket fence, gorgeous image and the big star. I totally agree with you about this week... my week has consisted of just Monday and Friday, have no idea what happened to the days in between! Jillix

Suzanne said...

Oh she is a cutie so nice to see her again and your card is gorgeous. Thanks for your comments it is good to be back!! Sue :o)

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love how you coloured your image.

Frances said...

Gorgeous Michelle! Love the picket fence - can't wait for mine to arrive now. I seem to struggle with getting the final layout on all my cards so know how you feel -it's worth it in the end though!x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a faboulous card michelle

Happy Crafter said...

Awe i love this little cowboy the card is fab Michelle :)
Val xxx

Bev said...

You've done it again Michelle - another stunner!!! Love the image, your colouring is amazing

hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!! It's so fabulous, I just love the colors!