Friday, October 31, 2008

Whoo Hoo I finally got in a High Hopes Challenge!

I really wanted to get in on this weeks High Hopes Challenge, I loved the sketch by Katharina, and I have a bunch of High Hopes Stamps that really were needed some inky love.



The sketch was a challenge this week, the size. I have gotten so use to the square cards, or at least 5x7.... but this larger longer card was really different for me. I went through each of my HH stamps and found this cute scarecrow that I really don't even remember the last time I used him. I thought he might be perfect to try the distressed coloring, I am determined to figure this out! So I stamped with my Staz-On on heavy watercolor paper and pulled out all of my Distressed Inks and went to coloring... I still am having problems with how to not get out of the line... I figure that my watercolor pen is too wet, is that right? It took me twice as long to do this rather than my comfort zone of Copics, but I finally got it where I was ok with it.




I cut him with a Nestibilities Petite Oval, then ran it back through and embossed the edge. My pattern paper is fabulous, I wish you could see it in person. I have been hoarding this sheet for a long time. It is from K&Company and is distressed and the swirls are actually raised on the paper and feel like paint. Really cool. I cut the wave side with my bendable ruler and my craft knife. The light yellow mat behind the cream colored paper is Core'dinations and is sanded and inked, the cream paper is stamped with a Heidi Grace stamp. And how yummy is that ribbon! It matches the base color perfectly! It didn't show very well when I first put it on the card, so I ran a piece of wide satin pale yellow under it, and that helps. I used three dew drops at the top of the ribbon. Now... I guess I am going to have to make the envelope....


So happy I used one of my High Hopes, and thrilled I got to join in the High Hopes Challenge in time this week!
I have a neighbor coming over any minute to show the donkeys to an out of town friend... people love to come and show off my babies! Better get outside and make sure everyone is ready for a visit. Hope you have a wonderful day... Happy Halloween!
HUGS and-

14 comments:

Annie said...

ooo I love this one Michelle, the gorgous golden colours and the cute image. You seem to be getting the hang of the distress inks (I've given up on them), this looks fab! hugs, annie x

DawnMarie said...

Beautiful card Michelle, the Scarecrow is so sweet. Have fun showing off your babies. DawnM.x

ribenaruby said...

Brilliant creation with warm colours and a beautiful image.

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful!!! And thank you for the wonderful Birthday card. It rocks!!!

Diana said...

Oh this is wonderful ..Your gonna knock them out ! believe me ")
Hope you are still likin me lol
later goose
diana

Heidi said...

It is really a beautiful card michelle. Love it. Great colors and cute stamp.
Have a great weekend my friend

Hugs from
Heidi

Heidi said...

Where is the baby donkey? I can't wait any longer...... I think that I am eating for all of us this week, getting bigger and bigger. She has to have that little guys soon.
Oh wait- this is about your card. As always, Michelle, your card is stunning.
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous autumnal card Michelle, Love the papers and your beautiful colouring, Happy Halloween hun, Hugs, Nikki x

Donalda said...

Oh love your card dear and the colors you used. Beautiful

Ila said...

Love this Fabulous card Michelle!! the colors and design is Wonderful!!..Have a Great Weekend!!..Hugs, Ila

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous card. Love the background paper and the image is just lovely.

x Natasha x

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...super DP and layout!

Sharon said...

It's good to hear that Rosie is so well , she looks gorgeous. I love the markings on Victoria, I don't think I've seen a donkey like this before, so pretty.
I received some donkey stamps from Alota, dying to use them but haven't time today or tomorrow,Milly is being spayed tomorrow.
TFS

Sharon said...

It's good to hear that Rosie is so well , she looks gorgeous. I love the markings on Victoria, I don't think I've seen a donkey like this before, so pretty.
I received some donkey stamps from Alota, dying to use them but haven't time today or tomorrow,Milly is being spayed tomorrow.
TFS