Sunday, October 5, 2008

How exciting are the New Christmas Sarah Kays!







Oh my I love my Sarah Kays! And now there are some new ones!! The Christmas collection will soon be hitting the shelves and this is my first card with the new images. To see all of the new collection just visit Stampavie and while you are there click on the DT Blog, there are some really amazing works there, from all over the world! Oh just you wait there are all kinds of new images coming to Stampavie!






Ok now to my card, this week at the Sarah Kay Challenge there is a great sketch. I love this sketch, this is actually my second card this week with it! He He.. my first card - Oh I was so happy with it, wish I could show it.... but ooops I used a Sarah that isn't quite ready for "viewing". Just you wait... if you love Sarah's your are gonna be over the moon with what is coming! So I put that card aside and will show it when I get a green light. Then I made a second card with the new Christmas Collection. This is "The Joy of Giving", isn't she wonderful! You know what I like the best about her.... she can be used for more than Christmas, I am thinking she would make great Birthday Cards too!




I colored her with my Copics to match the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper, that I thought was perfect with all the presents. I matted with the red Basic Grey papers. Now I decided that I wanted the actual card stock to be the scallops on the right side. So I folded my card then punched it with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, then to make the "lace" show more I layered a piece of the red paper behind it. I used a Satin ribbon for the center band across the middle. Now we know it needed some bling right? Well I found a package of Heidi Swapp Bling Ruby frames, I cut them a part and made borders on the ribbon, and corners on the image. Then for just a bit more detail I gel pen stitched the borders of everything. I think it is a fun card, I can't wait to color in the other new images!



Don't forget to check out the other DT's work at the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog, these other girls really rock!








Also want to spread the word, my fellow DT, JayJay, from Sarah Kay Challenge and Stampavie has some really wonderful blog candy up! Rachelle Anne Miller stamps!!! Check it out! Her blog is StempelelfeJayJay .

And LIM my Spoon Full of Sugar DT buddie has some candy that makes me drool! Make sure to check out her blog The Voices in my Head and check it out too!

Ok, I am going to run... I am in a bit of panic mode. You see right now I have to go my Sunday local breakfast bunch, won't be there long as I have to get home and bake. Yes I am a bad girl. I didn't get the carrot cake made yesterday so I have to get it made... cooled and iced, decorate this fly boat cake thing, wrap my nephews present and be on the road by 1:40pm... to get to the birthday party on time. Yes.... panic mode! Hope you all have a great Sunday, and get inky!



HUGS and-











24 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

oh michelle this is stunning i love it so well done :)
Val xxx

Chris (catt871) said...

Great cards!!! Good luck getting all that done today, but have fun at the party!!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

A gorgeous card, and can't wait to get hold of this stamp! Hugs Linda x

Mel said...

Lovely card michelle :)

Deb Wood said...

This is so beautiful Michelle! Love the coloring, DP, brads and of course the stamp is precious!!

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I really love your new card! And how funny that we took the same image and the same colours ;)

Hugs
Jay Jay

StampinCathy said...

Michelle this is just beautiful.

StampinCathy said...

Michelle this is just beautiful.

Annie said...

oo I love the new Sarah Kay stamps and just hope I can get my hands on them! fabulous card you made, and pass us a slice of that cake please! hugs, annie x

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous card!! I love the way you colored this Fabulous SK image!!....Good luck with your day...I'm getting tired just reading about it..lol!!...Hugs, Ila

Sharon said...

i was looking at the new SK collection and this one is my favourite!! Your card is gorgeous Michelle. The papers go really well with the image. FAB!

~Nancy~ said...

OH wow.. your cards turned out so cute!!! Gorgeous!!! Perfect colors as well!!! Thanks for hsaring! XOXO

Rach said...

oh wow this is awesome michelle, i am so glad that i have all these new releases on pre order...whoo hoo...gorgeous you have coloured her in perfectly. hugs rachxxs

Heidi said...

Wow this is so great Michelle.

Hugs from
Heidi

Frances said...

Love this Michelle and can't wait until they are available! Really intrigued to see your other card now! Hope you got your cake and party started o.k! x

Heather Huggins said...

Really cute!! I have my eye on that image. I my have to go get it now.

Donalda said...

Girl this is gorgeous!!!!!!! I so love the colors you used and so lucky to already have the SK stamps.

Catherine said...

Michelle, i just finished collecting all Sarah Kay stamps and now there's new one already...LOL! your card is awesome...i want her too =)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Hi Michelle,

Great card and stunning image!

XOXO Renata

Liza said...

Lovely card. I can't wait to see the other one you have made!

Liza x

Karin said...

Great card Michelle.
Love the new Sarah Kay stamp.
Love the colours and DP.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

Karin said...

Great card Michelle.
Love the new Sarah Kay stamp.
Love the colours and DP.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

diane zechman said...

Great card Michelle! I love that image!

Charlotte Ravn said...

I just had a look around your beautiful blog!Wow you sure make a lot of wonderful cards! Love the donkyes and your kitten!