Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sarah Kay goes to the Zoo!

I have to admit, I really had some fun with this one. My plans were actually much bigger, but I think I will save that idea for later ;0)




So this weeks challenge at the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog is to use Animals with Sarah. There are so many wonderful images that already have animals in them, so really the challenge is wide open! But I wanted to bring in an animal to mine, well while doing the isles at the new Super Joann's that opened in town, I found the cutest things on the ribbon isle. Offray has these adorable pre-made animal heads! There were Lions, Tigers and Bears... OH MY! (ok... I just had to do that) Seriously there were quite of few different animals and I fell in love with this Giraffe! But how could I incorporate him into my card? Well Sarah either had to go on Safari or to the Zoo right? And since it was only the neck and head the Zoo was the best choice, plus the safari would have been pricey... LOL.







So here is how it all came about. I started out by stamping my Sarah Kay image and coloring her with my Copics and cut her out with my Fiskars fingertip craft knife. I then stamped the Magnolia Brick wall stamp and colored it with Copics as well, then cut it out. I cut a piece of the cloud pattern paper from Cosmo Cricket and pulled lots of my Catseye inks and my Rubbernecker Kitty Kit Cause for a scene stamps, these are fabulous little nature items to build a background... I adore these! I worked them, and created the tree and the ground in lots of colors.







My giraffe head is attached with glue dots, then the wall with pop dots. Sarah Kay is then attached 1/2 with pop dots and 1/2 with adhesive so she looks as if she is standing on the corner of the wall. I added a few tiny Prima flowers to the grass, and then needed a sign for the Zoo... otherwise we wouldn't know why there was a giraffe with his head over the wall. I found a Martha Stewart journal tag, I thought the cut outs around the edge looked a little like fancy iron scrolls, I hand wrote the word Zoo and the arrow. eeekkk. I so wish I had something that would have looked better for that! I think this is a fun card... and can't wait to show off more of the giraffes friends!




Make sure to see how the other DT have animals in their cards! Too fun!!!



It is Sunday... breakfast with the gang, some outside chores and then Hubby's family is coming out for dinner later. We are grilling....mmmmmm love the smell of steaks on the grill this time of year! Hope you have a great day too!


Hugs and-

21 comments:

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear. I so love how you make scenes. Something I sure can't do. Gorgeous as always dear

Danni said...

So cute and clever! Love it!

Sew This N That said...

wow, wow, wow. sorry hun, nothing else I can say...hurt my chin by scraping it on the floor lol :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

retiredheather said...

Great card. Love the way you created the scene. Good one.
Heather

Rach said...

Michelle you are so clever, love the zoo scene that you have created. It looks fabulous. hugs rachxx

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I LOVE YOUR CARD! What a luck that you know my address *hahaha*. What a brilliant idea to make a ribbon-giraffe!!! I love it! Hope Sarah will feed her flowers to cutie giraffe :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a super card Michelle
so many lovely details

have fun grilling :-)
i would love some yummy steak from Texas!!!

Annie said...

what a fabulous fun card Michelle, it certainly made me smile and long for sunny summer days with picnics and a visit to the zoo - instead it's cold and wet here in Cornwall. hugs, annie x

DawnMarie said...

Beautiful card Michelle, you always come up with great ideas.x

CraftyC said...

Wow, stunning is the only word that comes to mind!
Clairexx

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful card! Good use of image with the giraffe, wonderful scene too.

Anita said...

Wow! I love the idea of the giraffe.

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, me again. I have given your blog an award as I find it so much fun and your cards are gorgeous, you inspire me on a daily basis. Hope you can swing by my blog and pick it up. Thank you. DawnM.x

Ila said...

I love this Gorgeous card!! the scene is Wonderful!!...Have a Lovely Sunday!!...Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the great little scene you have created. Hugs Nikki x

Kristine said...

=) TOO CUTE! Love the giraffe, but are you sure it isn't a Gir-elephant?? *snort*

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, Michelle this is so cute and adorable, wonderful little Scene, love all the great Details......

Hugs
Heike

Jo said...

This is fabulous and brought a smile to my face (which isn't an easy thing to do lately!!!). What a great idea and beautifully done.

Catherine said...

This is absolutely adorable :)

Sharon said...

Aw great zoo card, it's fab.

Cynde said...

Michelle I love how you can put these cards together and make the perspective and sizes all look right together! What a gift....
Thanks for sharing and the inspiration...can't wait to see the rest of the animals...