Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two cards for Tuesday -

Spoon Full of Sugar is "Spooky" today! Yes a Halloween theme is in the plan. I will admit, I haven't ever really been into making Halloween Cards... and now this is two days in a row! And I think I want to make a few more as there are just too many adorable stamps I really want to use.


My DT card for Halloween today is again from Alota Rubber Stamps, Helene has just brought out so many really cute fall and winter stamps. This is "Witch with Pumpkin/Ghost Garland" isn't she adorable. I colored her with my Copics and Sakura Glaze Pens. I used an orange card stock as the base, the pattern paper ahem... well I did it again, the name is glued down, sorry. I matted the witch with orange and then black and the sentiment is from Alota Rubber stamps as well, looks really cool in person as I use embossing powders to do it. I sewed everything down with shiny metallic thread, now don't ask me what stitch it is... as my machine did not like this thread and was totally messing up, but after I stressed and was upset I realized it was a cool look for a Halloween card so I finished it "messed up". The ribbon is funny... it came on a cookie gift from a friend, good timing huh? Two prima flower are stacked and I cut out one of the pumpkins for the center.


Make sure to check out the other DT cards at Spoon Full of Sugar, really spooktacular this week!
Oh and don't forget there are prizes so why not make up your own Halloween card and join in!



Now my second card today was one to join in on Sketch Saturday and two because I had a new product I was dying to use! I picked out one of my Hanglar images sent by a wonderful friend and colored it with my Copic Markers. I really colored it heavy, including the background. I matted it with the same Bazzill Bling card stock as I used for the base. The pattern paper is from a Debbie Mum/JoAnn's stack, love the heaviness of these papers and the fact that they have bling to them! I found a scrap of yellow card stock and cut it to follow this weeks sketch and placed it down on the pattern paper and sewed it down with a blanket stitch. I sewed around the pattern paper and the image with a regular stitch and attached everything to the card. The image with pop dots.



I decided to color in the star with a gold Spica Glitter pen... then the new product that I got at this weekends Expo.... TAKE A LOOK AT THE MOON! then remember that in a photo you can't see just how cool this is. I put "The Stencil Collections Glazed Dimensions" over the copic ink. Now this stuff is really thick. It is like many many coats of Diamond Glaze. Really cool in person! And really cool is it comes in colors! This is the clear, but I did get a few of the colors so I plan to try them soon too. I love this stuff! I decided to not add anything else to the card, I wanted the moon to be the focus! The sentiment is from Hero Arts.



Ok, now to grab some breakfast and do some blog surfing before I get my day going. Hope you all have a great day and have some time to get inky!
HUGS and-

23 comments:

Annie said...

2 more gorgeous cards Michelle and lovin' that Alota witch! I really can't keep up with you 'marker' girls making so many cards in a day! It takes me all day to colour just one image with my pencils! hugs, annie x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

both cards are amazing Michelle. But that hanglar boy is my all time favorite. He was the very first stamp i HAD to have :-)
you did amazing with the coloring of his pants and shirt.
wonderful job on both your your cards.

about the skin color over on my blog.. i dont know.. i really had trouble with that color to have it nice and even for some reason it had streaks in it - sometimes i think also it is about the SU paper.. but i colored her 2x and still - so i simply blame the marker :-) hehehe

hugs
claudia

Mrs Mac said...

What lovely, bright cards! Gorgeous colouring! Well done! Wish mine would look as professional as the ones I'm seeing on this challenge!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Lovely cards. The coloring is amazing.

x Natasha x

Ann said...

Hi Michelle - brilliant cards as ever, and that little boy on the moon is just to die for. Brilliant xxx

Donna said...

Fab cards, love the bright colours. Donna x

Heidi said...

Michelle- oh my, these are both adorable. I just love those darned Hanglars, we need to get them here in the states don't we? You did a fab job coloring it too! (giggling about you glueing your paper down, that is soooo me!0 Heidi

DawnMarie said...

Love the little witch, and the hanglar is gorgeous too. Beautiful colouring as always.x

Happy Crafter said...

Love all these cards they are fab :)
I am making my first ever halloween card right now....er well when i can get away from this pc lol.
Val x

Catherine said...

both cards are just amazing, love how you color your images :)

CraftyC said...

Both fab cards, I do love your halloween card!
Clairex

Heidi said...

WOW Michelle this is so great. I love your cards they are so cute and you have colored so beautiful.
Thank you for the mail, you made me so happy. I have an award for you in my blog

Hope you got my mail also

Hugs from
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fabulous Michelle, Your colouring is beautiful as always, I love the Alota image so much and the Hanglar boy looks so cute on his shiny moon, Hugs, Nikki x

Donalda said...

These cards are so gorgeous dear. Beautiful coloring as always hon

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous!! I love them both!!

Ila said...

I love both cards Michelle!! your coloring and images is just Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle your colouring on them both is outstanding, Hugs Debbie x

Gill said...

Fabulous cards, love the colours you have used and that cute hAngler boy, he's so adorable, thanks for joining us this week at SS
lv Gill x

jo said...

hi hun,
wow your cards are stunning .huggs jo x

Cynde said...

Both cards are adorable Michelle. I love your coloring! You are a real Inspiration. You are so Talented....

flatis stempelwelt said...

Fabulous cards, love the bright colours.
Hugs, Sonja xx

COCO said...

super i like it !!! very fab cards !!!

Nathalie. said...

bonjour ! trÚs beau ce blog ! j'adore, je me suis inscrit à la newsletter !

bonne journée !

Nathalie.