Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Raining Love and Birthday Wishes!

Why is it when you are trying to hurry... computers slow us down? I was going to fly on early this morning and get my post on, but no, a required update held up my computer forever! But I am on now, so here is my card. I love how this one turned out, it is for this weeks Whiff of Joy Challenge blog, this week is a fabulous sketch by Heather and as soon as I saw it I knew I loved it.

I was also excited because I got to use one of my new stamps. This is Willow with Umbrella and I love her, I mean how can you not with that polk-a-dot umbrella! I colored her with my Copics and white gel pen, I then used my Glazed Dimensions to make it rain... love that! Just hope you can tell in the photo how raised the rain actually is.



Then following the sketch from the challenge I picked out a Core'dinations card stock and 6 pattern papers from the K&Company Designer Paper pad. I cut all the pieced to size and inked the edge of everything. One of the pattern pieces is a brown with a faint print that I used as the mat for the image and the sentiment, that is also from Whiff of Joy "It's raining Love and Birthday Wishes". Then I dug through my border punches to find my scallop punch to put to the left of the image, when I saw this Fiskars border punch and loved how it looked with the rain and the papers. I attached everything down and then found some Prima yellow flowers that I inked as well. And do you love the metal flowers that I used in the centers? They have a hole just large enough for a mini brad. I have saved this weeks sketch, as I think I may have to used it again, and again, I just love all the layers! Run over and see how fabulous their DT did with the sketch... all I can say is WOW!


Announcement: Make sure to run over to Papercrafts by Rach oh my I drooled on the screen when I saw her give away! I just love her cards!


Well Hubby is off today, and a "Cold Front" blew in last night. I am sure most of you would laugh as it was a brisk 56 this morning... and I had to put on my socks and warmer clothes before I went out to love on donkeys. Sorry it was cold! Remember I am in central Texas... anyway we are going to do some clean up around here today and then run some errands... Hubby and MIL need new shoes, and I think I really need to go by Micheals and see if they have the new punches in stock... I really need to. ;0)

Hope you all have a great Thursday, and get inky!
HUGS and-

22 comments:

TA Carbone said...

Just beautiful. Love the colors you chose

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

This is so cute! Beautiful job!

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card i love the colours and that image is fab :)
Val xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a beautiful card, i adore the colour scheme. I love this stamp too. Hugs Linda x

Camilla said...

Wow!! Such a stunning card Michelle!! Love that image, and the text to go with it:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Annie said...

I need that umbrella here today - it's bucketting down with rain and it's cold, definately socks and cardigan weather! love your card and all those very pretty patterned papers. Hope you have fun shopping! hugs, annie x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabulous colouring ! Great papers and you've used the same image as me :) Great card,
Judy x

Ila said...

This card is just Beautiful!! I Love the image and layout!!...It is very cool and windy here today as well...winter is coooming..brr..Hugs, Ila

Maria's Cards said...

What a fabulous card. I love the image, papers and the layout you have used it is simply stunning. Maria x

ribenaruby said...

The sentiment is so appropriate to this image. Beautiful!

Rach said...

wow! Michelle you have made a awesome card with Heathers sketch...absolutely brilliant. I love all the details you have used like the glazed dimensions, the punch and your gorgeous metal work on the flowers....not to mention the lovely colouration of willow..
thanks for you kind words about my blog candy and thanks for entering.
Good luck...hugs rachxx

DawnMarie said...

Lovely card Michelle, I love how you bring everything together. Its blowing a gale here in Scotland and its poured with rain all day, so its a pretty typical Scottish day (lol). DawnM.x

Allison Rankin said...

Cute rainy image...love the color palette!

Catherine said...

she's adorable!

CraftyC said...

You've made a stunning card, love everything about it!
Clairexx

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for tring my stetch this week!! Love your coloring and the colors you've picked.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, such a cute image and i love your colouring and layout. Hugs Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

brillint card love the little scene you created and your wonderful colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Michele Roos said...

WOW gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Love the papers and the flowers you used also. Michele x

Suzanne said...

Oh my I do love this image and this card is gorgeous I love the papers and colours. Sue :o)

Frances said...

Love this willow too and the colours you have used are beautiful. x

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. THanks for joining us this week. Love looking at your blog dear