Sunday, October 12, 2008

Doodles and Sarah Kay!

Sarah Kay Christmas Stamps soooo beautiful, I love all the details in them. This is a really a cute one called " Christmas Magic" Look at all the patterns on the presents, and that little tree with the star even. But I love that so many of the Sarah Kay images have animals in them! Are those two doggies precious or what.





Well this image today is on my Sarah Kay Challenge card. Sunday so a new challenge is posted, and this week is as fun and as detailed as you want to make it. Doodles, yep doodling in any way on your card. Whether you want just draw stitches, doodled edges, or a complete card full of doodles. Just please make sure to include one Sarah Kay image with all of those fun scribbles.





I started by coloring my image with my Copics, Spica Glitter pens, Sakura Glaze Pens and then white gel pen. I doodled the edges of the image with a Copic Multi-liner in a light grey color. I then used puffy fabric paint to create the snow.



I used a dark blue card stock for the base, I wanted to make sure that the white gel pen that I planned to doodle with would show, I found a piece of pattern paper that had snow flakes on it and then a dark red card stock to mat. The image I decided needed to have a stack of mats, so I used light blue, white and then the red. I found a layout I liked and then doodled and gel pen stitched around most everything.



For some added detail, I used silver jewelry pieced that reminded me of snow flakes and placed them around on the pattern paper where ever there was a snow flake center. Aren't they cool. Love them, I just stuck them down with tiny glue dots.



I am really into these darker cards right now. For a while everything I did was pink/brown or purple/green now I guess it is these winter stamps I have been into the dark blue and white.





Make sure to visit the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog and see the other DT's Doodling! And to see all of the Sarah Kay Images, including the Christmas Collection and the sneak peak of the new images coming visit the Stampavie DT Blog!





Off to my Sunday Breakfast... hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and get inky!

HUGS and-

21 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW Michelle-this is so beautiful I really love it and your coloring is stunning. The silver Jewelry is so great and it was so perfect for this card.
Great job sweetie

Hugs from
Heidi

Danni said...

Another wonderful card! Your doodles are so nice, mine are never that pretty! and the jewelry is perfect!

Suzanne said...

Just one word today! Stunning. Sue :o)

CraftyC said...

Your card is stunning, coloured to perfection and I love it!!!
Clairex

Annie said...

ooo fabulous and I can't wait for my Christmas Sarah Kays to arrive! love the dark colours for Christmas too, and such pretty doodles! hugs, annie x

Chris (catt871) said...

Great use of the jewelery!!! I love that image....so beautiful!!!!

V Colbourne said...

This card is so elegant, and I just love the doodles :)

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the doodling around the card.

LaVerne said...

Wonderful use of jewelry pieces...I smiled at your entry yesterday about fresh water every morning...our Lab turns her nose up at her water in the morning until I wash the bowl and give her fresh water...last night I found out why...around 4:30 she was growling so I got up to see what was up...a mama racoon and her baby under the bird feeder and on the patio, a SKUNK drinking from her bowl!...no wonder she wants fresh every morning, no telling who or what visits her water durning the night. Enjoy the day!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous image Michelle and beautiful colouring. I love the added jewel and love all your doodling. Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Great card. Love the image. Wonderful layout and the doodles on the edge are fantastic. Guess I`ll have to case that part.
Heather

Happy Crafter said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle what more can i say :)
Val xxx

Carol said...

Beautiful love the sneak peak and link off to nosey :))

Janne said...

Hello
Very nice card:)
I have added you to my blogg, hope it is ok:)
Janne (from Norway)

Kerry D-C said...

Beautiful! the jewelry snowflakes are perfect. The card has a lovely vintage-y feel about it.

Kristine said...

Assolutely GORGEOUS card here Michelle!! :) Love your metal snowflake, your image and coloring--it's so CUTE!

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear, beautiful colored

Heather Huggins said...

Wow!! Fabulous! Love the decorations!

Anonymous said...

wow, gorgeous card, beautiful :)

Have a good week

MJ

Andrea said...

Hi Michelle, this card is fantastic!
Hugs, Andrea

Heidi said...

Michelle, this card is absolutely beautiful girl. I can't imagine the time it took you to color it and finish it off. The colors are fabulous and I love to see the darker colors, not sure if it is the change in season or what- but this card is absolutely outstanding. Heidi