Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whiff of Joy Time!

I got my new Whiff of Joy stamps!! But while getting them out to play with them last night, there was one Whiff of Joy I had not used yet from my last order. I felt sad for it, and decided that she needed inked before I got out the new girls and guys. I did get to use my new chair and pillow though. And made a plan for this weeks Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog, using my Autumn colors.





I stamped out the pillow and Willow with hot chocolate and colored them in with my Copics, Spica Glitter Pens and white gel pen. Then I stamped the chair twice, once on brown card stock and then once on a piece of Basic Grey Infuse pattern paper. I cut the full chair out of the brown card stock and then just the cushions out of the pattern paper. I then put it together and then sat Willow in the chair. I attached her "bottom" with a glue dot, then her head with a pop dot, to give her the appearance of sitting up in the chair.



Then I went to the card. I found three more pieces of the Basic Grey Infuse papers and cut and made my background, the brown as the mat, the green as my carpet and the the pattern as the wall paper. I used a small band of the brown as a break or baseboard for the room. I sewed it around the edge and the band. Willow in her chair are then pop dotted on the room with the pillow leaning against the chair. Now I needed some wall decoration. And I could not believe how perfect this worked, I purchased some old watch faces a while back, thought one might make a great wall clock, but didn't know what to use as the frame. I found this Maya Road mini frame and it fit perfectly, too funny. The sentiment is from House Mouse.




I realized after I finished that this is my second "room scene" this past week. But I had to make the scene for my first use of the chair. Oh I love the chair! Wish I could wiggle my nose and have one for my living room! Ok, maybe a tad lighter colors for the cushions, but I do love it.




Hope the weather is nice where you are, a front came through last night and it is breezy here this morning and man is my sinuses giving me a headache, but it is so pretty and seeing how the donkeys are loving the little bit cooler weather is worth it.

Have a great Thursday, and have some time to get inky -
HUGS and-

21 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! Michelle, this is fabulous it looks very realistic...love it! The clock is perfect, really finishes it off and love the sentiment too!!!
Hugs, TaraG

Suzanne said...

This chair is just great and works great with this stamp. Love the clock. Glad your donkeys are enjoying the cooler weather. Sue :o)

Eija said...

Cute card and nice colors!

CraftyC said...

A fab card, I must get the chair stamp!
Clairex

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it...esp. with all that Infuse!

Happy Crafter said...

Wow this is fabulous i love the chair and the clock and just everything about it :)
Val xxx

Ila said...

Wow!! this is Gorgeous Michelle!! the scene you've created is Gorgeous...and I bet ever more so IRL!!..Hugs, Ila

Kristine said...

This is sooo beautiful!! =) I just LOVE how you made it look like a cozy livingroom/reading room. I can imagine a nice cozy fireplace in the corner. GREAT JOB!

Diana said...

This is WONDERFUL , GREAT JOB ..I have always wanted a winged back chair ..Let see my living room colors are ?? maybe you can whip somethin up , but big girl size lol
So does will have chairs and stuff or is that from somewhere else ,,??
Thanks

Joani McDonald said...

OMGoodness I just found your blog thru Carmen and I love it!
Your on my "list" for sure now! Love your creativity!
Hugs,
Joani

Becky said...

I've been a follower of your blog for sometime now. I always love reaading about your donkeys. :) The other day I was driving down the road, and saw 2 donkeys. I'm sad to admit I've never seen one in person before, and I live in West Virginia!! Anyways, I thought of you and just wanted to stop in and say HI! I love your blog and your projects are always awesome!!

Catherine said...

WOW! love your card, love everything about it

Katharina Frei said...

What a fabulous room scene Michelle. Love the paper piercing and the wall clock, so inspirational!! Great colouration of Willow too.
Hugs
Katharina

Deb Wood said...

Oooh, lucky you!! This is beautiful!!

Ann said...

Michelle, another beautiful card. I just love the way you share the detail of how you put the cards together, it is brilliant - keep them coming, I love them. xxx

Cynde said...

Great Card..Love the chair with the cut-out cushions! great idea. The coloring as usual is out of this world. Thanks for sharing Michelle!

COCO said...

wo fab card !!!! and your détail is very beautiful !!!!!

Annie said...

the weather is beautiful here in Cornwall, just wish I could get out and enjoy it! love this card Michelle, the chair is perfect for sitting in and you created a beautiful room too. hugs, annie x

Rach said...

Wow Michelle you have done it again, a wonderful card, you have created such a brilliant scene. hugs rachxx

Donalda said...

Wow girl this is just gorgeous !!!!!! So beautiful colored and the scene you made is just gorgeous dear. So sorry I am so behind I do hope I can get caught up

Patti Smith said...

Oh my gosh Michelle what an awesome card. so much detail...love, love the chair and curled up with cocoa what could be better....great job....