Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Love with a Hanglar

Wow... ok....I do not want to be a Pizza Delivery person... and I didn't do hardly anything. HA.. you have no idea what I am talking about do you? Well my nieces are in dance and they had a fund raiser this year of selling pizza kits.. well it was pizza's, bread sticks, salads, and frozen cookies... ok, great fund raiser... but my poor sister literally became a door to door pizza delivery person, I only picked up a few for my side of town and took them all to one place. We are not talking about a total of 5-10 pizzas... we are talking 40-50! Whew! She really worked hard, but it was worth it as the girls are at their total needed for everything! Yea!





Anyway, I wasn't home early and so that cut into my crafting time. Luckily I had an image colored... so I just had to put it all together. It was kind of fun, I didn't worry about any challenge or work that needed to be done... nope just a card to match my already colored image. And well it did help that I got some gorgeous paper yesterday at Hobby Lobby... love the new SEI paper collection called "Chocolat"!! Oh I may have to get a second pack of this stuff!




So I took my Hanglar image, that is on watercolor paper and colored with my pencils and mineral spirits, matted it with the base card stock and a chocolate brown, then cut a piece of the SEI paper... very carefully making sure to get the parts I wanted without wasting any of it. Matted that with the chocolate brown, and wrapped the satin ribbon around the top. I then stacked a bunch of prima flowers up, with spacers, and mini brads. I cut the edge of one of the flowers and slipped the image behind it. The sentiment is a sizzix die cut that I cut out of the pink, edges with brown ink, then stickles. I gel pen stitched the edges. "Love" the colors and the Hanglar is one of my favorites.






I had to feed and water this morning as Hubby left early... brrrrrrr it was cold, I love the donkeys when it is cold... I wish I could get a photograph of them, their fur gets really full and puffy, so cute. Maybe in the morning I can try, as it is hard to photo, feed, water and love on them by myself.




Now for some breakfast and then some blogging.... Have a great Wednesday, and get inky!


HUGS and-


14 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow gorgeous paper.Beautifully coloured Michelle.
Well done to your nieces, what an achievement.
Thank you for your congrats :0)

Heidi said...

This is so beautiful Michelle. I love how you have colored the beautiful Hanglar girl. She is so sweet. Great colors and details.
And your sister must be dreaming of pizza`s now :o)

Hugs from
Heidi

LaVerne said...

I keep watching for the donkey birth announcements...today's card is so sweet, and the layers and details make it over the top!

Happy Crafter said...

Wow its absolutly gorgeous love the coloring of that super image and the way you put it all together :)
Val xxx

Cynde said...

What a Beautiful card Michelle. Love the paper, your choice for all the put togethers and of course your wonderful coloring! Will be a happy day when I can finally order some Hanglar and Stanglar stamps in the U.S., Can't wait for funky kits to get them in..it's been forever! Your very lucky to have them! Love what you can do with them too!

Romy said...

I love the card! It's great:)

And the border upside your blog is so cute! Love, how it's made.

Alison said...

Fab ulous card, love the colour combo and your colouring is super.

Annie said...

pink and chocolage, yummy! and DH has just been to the corner shop and got me a Turkish Delight, I wonder what he wants .. ..?! My voice is back but now I have a frog in residence in my throat, maybe a donkey cuddle is what I need! did I say I love the card you made with that cute Hanglar girl .. .. well I do! hugs, annie x

Frances said...

wow, I love that paper too, totally yummy and just perfect for that cute Hanglar girl Michelle. Love the flowers too. x

Suzanne said...

Such pretty paper and fab colours and the H&S girl is gorgeous . Fantastic card. Sue :o)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Michelle this is an adorable card, and such gorgeous papers. Loving the cute image too. Hugs linda x

Steph said...

This is so beautiful. I love the papers and flowers you've used and the colouring on the image is wonderful x

DawnMarie said...

Those papers are gorgeous Michelle, and I love Hanglars, we're still waiting to get a hold of them here (can't wait). A pic of fluffy donkeys would be lovely please.x

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous!! Love that paper!!