Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Stitch of JOY?



No a Whiff of Joy, stitched. Yes that is this weeks challenge at the new Whiff Of Joy Challenge Blog. I love WOJ stamps, and I love sewing on my cards so this challenge was a "Joy"!






I started by using Melinda Reading Book. And Colored her with my Copics and Spica Glitter Pens, white gel pen and stickles.




For my papers I used Basic Grey Eva patterns. I sewed down all the pieces with a pink thread with a zig zag stitch. The sentiment is from Penny Black, I love it, simple and fun. I then added three flowers to the top corner, ok actually it is seven flowers stacked into three. I then used jewelry spacers and mini brads for the centers.


Well I have TONS to do today. Last night we moved one piece of furniture to a different part of the house. And my what a mess it left! I will admit I am not the best house keeper. (If you hear a loud roar of laughter that is my Hubby laying on the ground laughing at that statement) But I do try and keep the house "clean". But when it comes to under and behind big furniture... oh my! Where did all that dust and dirt come from? hmmm live in the country, dog, cat ... oh yea. Well now I have that to clean up, plus we still have to move the another piece into that spot, which I know will open up a new wall of dust and dirt. Plus cleaning and dusting all the "knick knacks" that are moving around as well. You know you can't tell they are dusty if you don't move things on the shelves.... Anyway I have a long list that I would like to get done, I worried all night about antique things sitting on the floor waiting for me to finish.... remember I have a kitten Gato that is in twisted tornado mode.

So I am off to get busy - Hope you have a better Thursday than I do! OHHH and I forgot today is meds day for all the donkeys so that is on my list too! Ever chase down 26 donkeys with nasty worming medicine... yea that is fun! So have some fun for me today and get inky!

HUGS and-

34 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful card Michelle!!!! Good luck with the donkey meds....I know how difficult it is to give ONE cat his insulin shot twice a day, I can't imagine doing that to 26 donkeys!!! LOL HAVE FUN!!!
Chris

BethW said...

It dawned on me last night-next year we must have Halloween donkey stamps and oh what about Christmas Donkey stamps. You de girl!

Gina said...

stunning card, love the sewing and the colours you have used
Gina xxx

Diana said...

AWSOME card again , you never disapoint ..except when you wont answe me ahahaha anyway where do you get those brads with the Jewlery around the edeges ...\Huggs
Also do you know of any tutorials to help use copics ??

Anita said...

I love your little girl. She reminds me of my daughter.

MandMStudio said...

Wow they look great. I love the sewing:)

Suzanne said...

Oh I love all this stitching this has got to be my next purchase!!! Work and life so get in the way of crafting I am so behind!! Beautiful card love the colours. Sue :o)

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Magnifique carte

Toni said...

Really beautiful card! Love the stitching. I can't get enough of the WoJ stamps - can't wait til the 4th! xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh my what a stunning card!! The papers are gorgeous and as always the image has been so beautifully coloured in, I have to practice more!! hugs Linda x

Annie said...

fabby card today Michelle and love all the stitching. I've been looking at my tiny craft room and I think if I rearrange things a little bit I might just be able to get a small table in for my sewing machine, then I can get the monster out from behind the sofa! of course, that will mean moving stuff and like you say, the fluff balls will appear! Have fun chasing those donkeys .. .. I have a picture of you in my mind, running after them with a giant syringe of worming goop, ha ha! hugs, annie x

Catherine said...

another fabulous card, i just adore how you color your images...very pretty!

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome...great stitching and primas!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous stitched card Michelle. Aw poor you and donkeys, we had to take Milly to the vet she has conjunctivitus. Now we are running around trying to get her eye drops in!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Cute card, love all of the stitching :)

Kristine said...

What a gorgeous card!! I also love to machine stitch on my cards. (unfortunately don't have any WOJ stamps--do they require you to use those?) Love your colors too. Beautiful card.

Ugh...no, I have no idea what that would be like, but doesn't sound easy or fun. Have a blessed day!
xkbx

Kristine said...

What a gorgeous card!! I also love to machine stitch on my cards. (unfortunately don't have any WOJ stamps--do they require you to use those?) Love your colors too. Beautiful card.

Ugh...no, I have no idea what that would be like, but doesn't sound easy or fun. Have a blessed day!
xkbx

cats whiskers said...

Lovely card Michelle your colouring is perfect as usual and the DP match perfectly
Hugs Jacqui x

PaperSunshine said...

Love the card, the stitching is such a great touch, wish I could do it but I am sewing challenged! She is adorable too :) Wow, 26 donkeys? Wow. I had 3 horses and thought i had too much to do, plus you get to worm all of them plus you get to clean house? Wow, you go girl!!! Good luck :)

Nancy said...

Love this card, and the color you chose. I am totally addicted to WOJ stamps. Need to get mine done for this challenge. : )

Mette said...

What a great card. The colouring and the layout work so well together and that image is lovely.

As always, visiting your blog makes me smile. I hope you managed to get rid of all your dirt (I am exactly the same lol).

Hugs, Mette

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stunning Michelle, Beautiful papers and gorgeous image, Have fun with your donkey's, Hugs, Nikki x

Bev said...

Mmmm this is just so delish Michelle - stunning papers and colours and as ever a beautifully coloured image. Fabulous!!

Love the idea of the Xmas donkey stamps - think you need to work on that idea hunny.

hugs Bev x

Donalda said...

This is adorable dear. I just love it. Thanks for joining us on the challenge this week and dear I would just love to see a video of you chasing them donkeys lol
Hugs

Heather Huggins said...

Wow!! Very pretty. Love the cute saying you used. And awesome colors.

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

what a beautifull card. I love the flowers and colours. And wauw, there's a lot of stichting on your card.

Have a great weekend,
xoxo karin

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous card,

jenny

Rach said...

gorgeous card Michelle, such lushus papers..and beautifully coloured image..thanks for joining in with the challenge. hugs rachxx

retiredheather said...

Another great card Michelle. Good luck with the worming. We have 6 dogs and that worming kills me...wowzer for you;
Heather

Ila said...

Everything about this card is Absolutley Gorgeous Michelle!!...Have a Great Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila

Rosette said...

Wow!! I wish I could lay my hands on that Basic Grey paper.. or on your card! Wonderful creation Michelle. Happy world cardmaking day! Enjoy!!

Lim said...

This card is beautiful. My husband just buy me a sew machine and I still learning :)) I love how look the cards with some stitches.
Hugs,
LIM

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the way you coloured her in. Love the papers also. Michele x

Cathy said...

This is stunning - I love the papers and layout.
Hugs
Cathy xx