Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sweets with Sarah Kay -

Good Sunday - Oh my loving the sweet theme of this weeks challenge for Sarah Kay Challenge Blog Inspiration from "sweets, candies and treats" and how these things inspired your project is up to you, it could be chocolate so you could make a chocolate coloured card, a treat bag filled with chocolate a wallet with chocolate bars inside or something else! Of course you don't need to choose chocolate as your theme, you could be inspired by cakes, cookies, candies or some sugary themed patterned paper.




I normally would have gone right to the chocolate theme and done something with that. But I had no chocolate here at the house and if I went out and purchased some "just for the challenge" Well I would have ate it all, as hubby isn't a huge chocolate person. Well I decided I needed to work with what I had here and this is what I came up with.











This is a recipe from a Christmas Cookie Magazine from last year, and this recipe is one that everyone loved. It is simple and not to "much". If you know what I mean. And it is a cookie recipe that I usually have everything in the cabinet and is easy to make.



Amish Sugar Cookies.. mmm yummy. I pulled out one of my clear paint pails, and decorated the inside of it with a piece of My Minds Eye "Tres Jolie" pattern paper, the red is the back side of the pattern... love that! I cut a circle out of it with my Nestibilites and then a scallop from the solid side to go around the circle hole. Now not that I planned it - LOL - but the circle I cut out fit the top perfectly... so I attached it to the lid then stacked three Basic Grey flowers and a vintage button. Tied some matching gingham ribbon to the handles for fun. I typed out the recipe, and then matted with the solid, it took to 4x6 cards to fit everything so I matted the second as well then attached them together with adhesive. I inked the edges of everything and then white gel pen stitched the edges. I colored one of the sneak peak Sarah Kay images... (is it adorable or what!!!) anyway I colored it with my Copics and white gel pen, then cut it out and placed it on the front of my recipe card.






Isn't this a cute gift? Oh I did make up some of the cookies for the "photo shoot"... Hubby was standing by waiting for the ok to grab some...

OH and BTW.. if you want the recipe, just click on the photos they will enlarge for you to be able to read them.

So unless you are totally dieting and can't take the risk of more sweets... he he ... run on over to the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog and see the other DT creations... just yummy!



I had a blast at the Rubberstamp and Scrapbooking Expo... Tracey and I laughed all day, and got lots of fun goodies. Need to do it more Tracey! (well without dropping so much $)

Some of what I got:

12 sheets of EZMount foam (hey 3.25 a sheet is great!)

Glazes - can't wait to try these different from anything I have seen before.

Oil Pastels

2 more distressing inks (colors I haven't been able to find)

Felt Buttons and flowers

Some pretty Blings and ribbons

A few of the new Sizzix dies... boy they have really come a long way! CUTE!

a few Rubbernecker stamps and a couple of others brands


some 12x12 papers, and a paper pad as a gift for my sister

and a few other things that right now I can't remember.



Well busy busy busy today! I am running out the door now for breakfast with the gang, swing back by the house and pick up my "stuff" for a class I am teaching today, then hurry back home for family that is coming out. Whew! I am already tired! Hope you have a calm restful Sunday planned with lots of stamping fun!


HUGS and-


20 comments:

Annie said...

oh that is just so cute! love the can of cookies, mmmmmmm, and the perfect Sarah Kay image for the recipe card! Still waiting for my Christmas Sarahs so goodness knows when I'll get my inky fingers on these gorgeous babies! have a fabby Sunday, hugs, annie x

Annie said...

me again! just to say I've given you an award so please drop by and pick it up. love and hugs, annie x

Donalda said...

Oh this is so pretty dear. And sounds like you done good at Expo.
Hugs

CraftyC said...

Wow, stunning, fantastic gift idea and a perfect image!!
Clairex

Happy Crafter said...

This is gorgeous what a lovely gift this will make for some lucky person :)
Val xxx

Anita said...

Wow! Such a beautiful gift set. Thanks for sharing the recipe

Deb Wood said...

Sooo pretty and yummy! What a fabulous gift and including the recipe careds is awesome!!

Heidi said...

WOW Michelle this is so cute. I really love this one. What a great little gift this is. You are so clever my friend. thank you for a great idea.I think I have to study this a little more.

Big hug from
Heidi

ChrissyM said...

What an adorable set!! This is fantastic so cute!! I love it!!

Camilla said...

Wow Michelle!! This is a fantastic project!! So kreative!!
Big hugs, Camilla.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fabulous idea Michelle and would certainly make a fantastic gift, Glad you had a great day yesterday, Hugs, Nikki x

Mandy said...

Michelle, this is an absolutely stunning project!!

Mandy

Heather Huggins said...

Adorable!! Who wouldn't want to receive that!!!

Frances said...

this is yummy Michelle in every sense, what a cute pail and I love how you decorated it! Will have to try that recipe some time as my hubby is a big cookie fan, thanks for sharing. :) x

Kristine said...

OH, SWEET Michelle!! Love the image on your recipe card, and those cookies look yummy :)

Patti Smith said...

Oh I am so behind in my blog reading and I have missed you...Love the pail and the cookies sound yummy...I'm gonna make a copy. what a great idea for a gift as well...would love to have gone with you to the stamping and scrappin' expo....have a good week!!!!! (((HUGS))))

Ila said...

This is just the Cutest!! I love how you decorated the recipe card and pail.....what a Fabulous gift!!..Hugs, Ila

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is just beautiful! I just found your blog, and I see you are friends with my friends Ila, Nikki, Anna and Kim! I was looking at some of your High Hopes creations too, and I love what you do with those stamps as well! I will be coming back to visit when I can, you are fantastic!

Irina Blount said...

Michelle, this is just the best Christmas gift idea!! I love the openning cut out, would never thought of that.. Thank you so much for the inspiration!!
Hugs,
:) Irina

Suzanne said...

2 gorgeous receipes the cookies look srummy and your pail and receipe card are very srummy too. I love it. Sue :o)