Friday, October 3, 2008

Ho Ho Ho Teddy Bear!


I know I say this a lot.......


But common how cute is he? This weeks Cute Card Challenge is to make a Christmas Animal Card. Well I dug through my millions of stamps and then remembered this little guy, Drum Bear, that Helene from Alota Rubber Stamps had sent me a while back. I had looked at the piece of rubber and thought hey he is cute and then put him in the Christmas stack. Well last night I pulled him out and inked him up and oh my... he is so much cuter stamped out! I just love his little face and that hat! I colored him with my Copics, and then I got to use something I never have before. I used some white fabric puff paint for the fur on his Santa hat. Ok, now that is fun and a cool fluff tool!
The pattern paper is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, I chose one pattern and then used a pattern from the other side for the band across the middle. Because this paper has a distressed look it was perfect to pick Core'dinations card stock to match, I sanded all of to show the layers of colors. The sentiment is also from Alota Rubber Stamps. I then used a grey Copic Multiliner to doodle around the image. After putting it all together it still needed something more, that is when I found the Prima Poinsettia flowers, it is perfect. And they came with leaves too!
Hope they like it I think a Drum playing Teddy Bear wearing a Santa Hat is the perfect Christmas Animal for this weeks Challenge.
Well today is MIL shopping day, I have a long list on my to do and to get today, and I am sure she does too. So better get my grove on and get going. Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend planned... get inky!
HUGS and-

23 comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely card Michelle. The teddy is so cute and I really love the BG papers.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Michelle he is so cute and the papers are great. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Michelle said...

So cute ~~ love the paper ~~ I'm pretty sure I have that same paper......somewhere :)

Annie said...

that is one cute teddy bear! fabulously colloured and gorgeous papers, and the poinsettia adds a perfect festive flourish1 enjoy your shopping day! hugs, annie x

Rach said...

awesome Michelle what a fantastic character. love your flower as well it looks so pretty. hugs Rachxx

Jenny said...

Das ist ja ne tolle karte geworden.

Holly Young said...

I thought you might enjoy seeing what I did with a Tilda image after hearing from so many people that they were bothered by the fact that these images have no nose or mouth. I made a "dial a face" card!
http://hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com/2008/09/many-faces-of-tilda.html

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh this is fabulous Michelle, Gorgeous colouring and I love the little doodles around the image, Gorgeous flower and my favourite BG papers, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Karen said...

Beautiful card Michelle. I especially love the backing papers - they are gorgeous.

Have a great weekend.

Karen x

Suzanne said...

Oh he is mega cute!! and your card is gorgeous I love these papers and your colouring is awesome. Sue :o)

Donalda said...

This is just so cute dear and I so love the papers you used

Mel said...

So cute , love the papers and colours :)
x

retiredheather said...

great card Michelle. THe paper is fantastic and what a great stamp. Cool card.
Heather

Deb Wood said...

Beautiful card, love the paper and the flower!!

Heather "Hev" said...

This looks fab :)

Allison Rankin said...

What a sweet image Michelle...love the DP you chose!

ella bella said...

adorable image love him and your card is gorgeous love the papers you have used
Tracy x

Ila said...

He is Adorable!! and your coloring and papers are Gorgeous!!..Hugs, Ila

Sew This N That said...

lovely card Michelle, teddy's are always cute, I have an house full of them :0)
I love the paper you have used its very striking :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Claire said...

Fantastic card and such a cute image, I love it.

Claire

Lim said...

Loooove it!!
Your coloring as usual...spectacular!
Hugs,
LIM

Alison said...

Gorgeous card the papers are fab and I love the image you have used.

Jilli said...

Michelle, I agree he is just adorable! I love this card, the papers are fab and your colouring is as always amazing. Jillix