Thursday, February 12, 2009

Alota - Roses For You

Yes, I have Alota Roses For You today! I love Roses, you may not know that Hubby and I own a plant nursery, I love Antique Roses... we use to have a yard at our last house that was covered in Roses, it was gorgeous! Now... well unless I am planting for extra food for the standard Donkeys.. well lets just say I don't have the fenced in area to have roses at this time. So for now I will have to color my Roses.





Both of the images are from Alota Rubber Stamps, first is from the Roses and the bow are from Pretty Ovals Essentials, and the Cupid is from the Valentine Cuties set
I had a comment on how to find the stamps that I show on my blog... Anytime that I show an Alota Stamp, the different colored words are links straight to that stamp to purchase. Wanna make it simple to help you get more images you know.. wink wink!



Ok, so all my images are colored with copics. I cut the oval with my Spellbinders Nestibilities, then stamped a second time and colored a few extra roses, cut them out with a Fiskars fingertip kraft knife and pop dotted them on top of the oval of roses. Then cut out the Cupid and the bow. Then went to work on my card. Pulled a bone head on the papers.. sewed down the name... oops. They are pretty but I don't know the name. I used a white card stock for the base, and matted a piece with the pink card stock, and inked with green. I then sewed down everything, including a green satin ribbon on the corners. All the images are attached and I covered them with Dimensional Glaze... WOW they really shine!


Don't forget that Alota Rubber Stamps has a Valentine challenge on Paper Craft Planet Alota Group! Just make a Valentine card with an Alota image upload it to the site and tag it ALOTA4 and you are entered to win my 2 favorite Alota images... pop over to see what they are and the details... drawing will be on the 14th!


Little note on our trip yesterday - Libbie was wonderful. She wanted to be held the entire time, and was a bit nervous at times, but really was a good little girl. Hubby says she is the perfect "chick magnet" as anytime he was holding her, he got all the ladies attention... LOL! I got a few really great photos of the two of them, I show them on Saturday.


Now I am going to go and get breakfast and catch up on some blogs. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday -

HUGS and-

14 comments:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Michelle!

Marja Sch said...

Your roses are fabulous. Great card. Gr Marja

Betty J Schaub said...

wow that sure is ALOTA roses! very pretty.

Annie said...

oh what a gorgeous card you made Michelle, love the papers, the cute Alota girl and of course the roses! I am a fan of David Austin roses, old fashioned style with wonderful fragrance. hugs, annie x

Helene said...

Hey Michelle....love the coloring on your oval rose frame...the roses look like you can reach out and pick them right off the card.

jacque4u2c said...

Love it - I can smell the fresh roses now!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Michelle, this is really beautiful & I love the contrast of the green ribbon against the papers.

Happy Crafter said...

A beautiful card Michelle :)
Val xxx

Sally said...

Love the roses. Great card. I love roses but am so allergic to them I only enjoy them by pictures. Can't wait to see pics of Libby... the donkeys too!

Rach said...

gorgeous Michelle, your roses almost jump off of the screen!
so glad that little libbie was a good girl on her first trip.xx

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful card Michelle, can't wait for the pics!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Michelle and your colouring is gorgeous, Love the gorgeous roses, Hugs, Nikki x

Norine said...

just beautiful
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

c7m36i0h04 v9d15z6c81 p0y36l4w60 d6i07u1b10 n5z50b0h82 b6b14j7r97