Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vroom Vroom...

This week at the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge there is an awesome sketch. Of course I had to turn mine.

















I started by coloring on of the FABULOUS Stampavie Leere Aldrich images. This is "Going Places"... and I just love the convertible! It reminds me of the MGA Hubby had when we dated and married.








Colored with my Copics, and high lighted with white gel pen, I then I took the close up photo with an odd angle so you could also see the dimensional glaze I added... a really shiny wax job on this car!








The pattern papers are all My Minds Eye Laundry Line collection. Again hard to see in the photo, but they all have a glitter to them. Love these papers. I matted everything with BoBunny scraps of brown dotted paper, and for some fun I used a Martha Stewart Border punch on the side of the image mat. The base is a dark brown card stock. The edges of everything is inked. I love the ribbon.. and am getting really low on it! American Crafts I believe - Sorry my bow is so sad looking, it just wouldn't stay up and pretty. The sketch shows a pin on the corner of the image, and by luck I found a heart pin by Heidi Grace to use on mine. I was stumped for a time on what to use for a sentiment. You see because I turned my card on its side and my image was so large, I didn't have much room for a sentiment. I decided to do something vertical - and found these wonderful Paper Studio letter dots - the match pretty well I think. I doodled the edges of the image, and then for a finishing touch... I used silver adhesive dots for hubcaps on the car!








You really must go and see the rest of the DT cards - it amazes me how different so many cards can look all made with the same sketch as a starting place. Wonderful! Hope you will join in this week too!

I had a lot of comments asking me when Macie is due... my fat pregnant donkey. She still has about another two months - imagine carrying that around that much longer!






HUGS and-


12 comments:

Donalda said...

Gorgeous dear love those papers I even got me some of them lol Just beautiful dear

Robin Brown aka Mrs Pup in NY said...

I love this card. Love the image ALOT. Also, I LOVE your new look here. AWESOME. Good Job Michelle.

Robin Brown aka Mrs Pup in NY said...

I love this card. Love the image ALOT. Also, I LOVE your new look here. AWESOME. Good Job Michelle.

Norine said...

now this is cute and fun
Hugs
Norine

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! what a great fun card you made for this week's challenge. I hope you have enjoyed your weekend. hugs, annie x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab fun card Michelle, great image and gorgeous papers :)
Val xxx

Dawn said...

This is such a fun image and beautiful colours - great card..


Dawn
x

Janna said...

Oh this is so, so cute!!! I am liking these Leere Aldrich images more and more!! The coloring is divine and I love the friends down the side! Great touch!

sMiles,
janna

Kelly Schelske said...

So fun, such a cute image!!

Tina said...

hehehehehe Michelle this is just marvelous.. i love that image... absolutely wonderfully funny.. hehehehe crafty hugs tina x

Ila said...

This card is Totally Fabulous and So Fun!! I love your coloring and all the incredible details!!..Hugs, Ila

100drine said...

Très belle carte