Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maybe this is where Sarah Kay lives...

It is Tuesday - that is Spoon Full of Sugar Day - and today we are shifting the shapes!



"We would like to see all different shapes of cards and not the normal square one's we all like to make ;-) We have a great prize this week of the two cute stamps (Easter Jar & Chick in Egg). These have been kindly donated by Helene from Alota Rubber Stamps. "





Me... ok, so it still has corners, it is a long rectangle, with a top off of it. I started with the background stamp. I purchased this stamp a long time ago at a craft garage sale, it is from Arts Uniq' Inc. - I just loved all the details, but well it is HUGE! The stamp measures 5x7 (that includes the tree off of the top). And well I really didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I just loved it. The wording around the edge reads.



"One hundred years together - Would surely be too few - For every day , all over again ... I fell in Love with you. D Morgan."

Well it took a couple of tries to get a good image - takes a lot of pressure to get the entire thing evenly stamped. I colored with my Copics - yes it took some time, but not as long as I thought. I then stamped out one of my Sarah Kay images - she was PERFECT for this, can't believe I hadn't seen that before - She just looks like she is getting ready to walk down the path to the house in the background. I wonder ... do you think this is where she lives? or visiting a friend? What ever the store is, she fits. She too is colored with Copics and then I cut her out. The large image is also cut out. I went with the straight lines of most of the image but then popped out the tree at the top of the card. The Sarah Kay image is pop dotted off of the background so she has some dimension. Only other thing is a simple white gel pen stitching around the edge of the light blue card stock base.

Hmmm guess I am gonna have to make an envelope for this one as it is bigger than a 5x7....


Make sure you pop over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the wonderful shapes! And welcome our two new DT members, Caryn and Karen... really wonderful cards to see.

HUGS and -

28 comments:

Debbie said...

This is Absolutley stunning Michelle I love the little(or should I say big) scene you have created Lol.
Hugs Debbie x

anja said...

wauw this is in one word ,perfect.tfs

DawnMarie said...

Just beautiful Michelle, love all the little details.x

Janna said...

Somebody pick me up off the floor!! This is absolutely stunning!!! I love the way that you made that background scene and the gorgeous coloring!!! I could stare at this creation all day long!

Smiles,
janna

Sharon said...

Your card looks great Michelle I love the shape and the wording around. Great take on the challenge.

PaperSunshine said...

Wow, that is one fabulous card! Love that background stamp, gorgeous coloring of it and the Sarah Kay walking into it was a perfect idea! She goes perfectly with it. Absolutely gorgeous :)
Lori K.

ribenaruby said...

Most stunning creation Michelle, absolutely beautiful scenery, such a meaningful wording and I am a bit speechless, so I'll save a bit for your next posting. Brilliant!

Ann said...

Oh Michelle, your card is just so very beautiful - the scene, the colouring - everything is just perfect xx

Annie said...

wow Michelle what a fabulous stamp to go with your Sarah Kay image, and you made such an unusual card with both of them, I love it! hugs, annie x

Ila said...

I Love this card!! What you've done here is Totally Amazing and Gorgeous!!....Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a gorgeous creation!! TFS!

Linda said...

Don't ya' love it when something pops out at you, and you say, Yeah! Why didn't I see that before!" This card is awesome and perfect. I love it!

Kirsten Alicia said...

My jaw just hit the keyboard!! :) This is amazing & SO beautiful!!

stampinfrog said...

This is sooooo AMAZING! Love the scene and your coloring is drop dead GORGEOUS!TFS
Hugs,Connie

Camilla said...

Love your card Michelle!! It is stunning:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Camilla said...

Love your card Michelle!! It is stunning:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Rach said...

wow Michelle,
this is amazing, you could almost imagine that she is going up the garden path.. what an adorable house stamp. love the sentiment as well and how it goes around your image.xx

Heidi said...

WOW this is so great Michelle-love it
You have made a stunning card

Hugs from
Heidi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Michelle this really is a work of art and the little scene you have created is amazing, Big Hugs, Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Fantastic card Michelle or should I say Michelleo. I love the way you put the two stamps together...Perfect.
hugs
Heather

Nancy said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oustanding Michelle, so much work and it's beautiful!!

Robin Brown aka Mrs Pup in NY said...

This card is awesome adn it looks just perfect walking up the path like this. GORGEOUS.

Heidi said...

Michelle, this is absolutel beautiful. I made a "scene" this weekend that is 8 1/2 x5 with some of my jungle HH and I am still working on it, not sure what I will do with it either! Yikes!

Dawn said...

Wowee Michelle this is a work of art - just stunning it looks like it took ages - It certainly looks like a place she'd frequent - dreamy!

flatis stempelwelt said...

Wow, your card is wonderful Michelle,I love it
Hugs, Sonja xx

Helen said...

Stunning card! So much work has gone into this - it's fab!
Helen x

daisy said...

wow sumbles apon you'r blog becouse marlene. just love this card!!!!

hugs
daisy