Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yee Haw - Have a Great Day!

Well Howdy Partner... little bit of country here, after the Rodeo, I thought a bit of a country sheriff would be fun. And perfect timing as my order from Treehouse Stamps came this week! I just had to get me a couple of the Greeting Farm images - I may need a few more, as this one was so fun to color.


Copics were used, and you can't really see it but I used stickles for his badge and his buckle. LOL after seeing all of the guys at the Rodeo I should have stickled his shirt too.. wow some of those shirts are just .... ok we will just leave it there don't want to offend any Bull Riders into bling fashion.


My card - I started with a reddish brown card stock, then the pattern papers are from 7gypsies, perfect for this dude don't you think. I inked the edges with brown ink, I then matted the image with the same card stock and doodled the edges. White gel pen stitching around the edge of the large pattern paper. I found a satin ribbon with the same colors. Then four metal corners seemed to be perfect. The sentiment is punched out with a Stampin Up Word Window punch and inked.


Hubby said it was kind of blah. But I can't help it, Guy cards are tough for me. No flowers, no real bling. But I kind of like my Blah card anyway.


I am home today - Hubby is working and I am going to catch up on a few important things. Paying bills, laundry, and some much needed blog surfing and visiting my friends.


Hope you have a wonderful day planned too!
HUGS and-

16 comments:

Norine said...

this is very cute love the colors
hugs
Norine

StampinCathy said...

Adorable card and just love your new banner.

Annie said...

well I think you should have stickled his shirt then he wouldn't have been so blah! I'm sure those rodeo dudes would love a card with a bit of bling! hugs, annie x

Hannah said...

wow your Rodeo image is just gorgeous, i love the colours you have done him in and the papers are so cute.
big hugs hannahxx

Sharon said...

Great male card Michelle. Love that image!!
You have a great banner on your blog now too. It looks great!

Ila said...

It is a Totally Fabulous card Michelle!! and I love the new look of your blog!!....Hugs, Ila

Tina said...

What a cutie.. i love these images.. i wish i could start collecting another company but i dare not... i guess i'll just have to keep dropping by to see your adorable creations with them .... Crafty hugs Tina

Janna said...

Michelle!!! I don't think it is blah at all! I love it! The colors are perfect as is your coloring. And could those metal corners be any more awesome?!!! so so amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Kelly Schelske said...

I think it looks great!!

Bev said...

Aww this is so cute Michelle, love the image and fab layout
hugs Bev x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous colouring Michelle and love the spotty paper, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Great card Michelle, these GF stamps are really growing on me.
Male cards are so hard to make.
Hugs
Carole x

Zoe said...

Hello Michelle, I love the sweet image and I love the papers.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Rach said...

i think that your card is brill not blah.. it's hard to make a male card as you can't use flowers, minimal bling etc etc... lol. i love it . that image is so sweet. take care hun.xx

Classroomfree said...

Very cute card - I love the colour combination.

Heidi said...

Oh my, what a cute card, it just makes me smile!