Sunday, February 8, 2009

A cute hAnglar for Sunday

Hello and sorry things are a bit late. I know today is suppose to be Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Sunday challenge, but there is a bit of delay today so I thought I would go ahead and post a hAnglar card to fill some time...
I found this hAnglar image is my stamped images from friends last week, and she just called out that she needed to be colored. I love her pose. She is colored with Copics and her hair wreath is colored with Spica Glitter pens.
I wanted to use some bright spring time colors as I am really ready for winter to end... I am tired of seeing the dead brown grass and would love for my Donkeys to have some green fresh grass to graze... sigh, I found this scrap piece of pattern paper and went with those colors. I sewed everything down with a light pink thread. The ribbon is one of my favorites, love it so much I bought two rolls of it, a yummy dark rose satin that matched the solid paper I used behind my cut out girl. The lace trim on the sides is the Martha Stewart small scallop Valentine punch, it really has a dainty look. A sunflower charm is hung from the knot in the ribbon, and a Hero Arts "Hello" is stamped in the corner. A cheerful card I think -
Sometimes I really do wish I could kick myself... I forgot to take my camera out this morning, as after we got back from breakfast with the locals, we had a special treat for the Donkeys. Last night we purchase Alfalfa for them, we don't normally feed them such rich hay - spoils them, makes their hooves grow really fast, and well lets just say I have a few with "big bones" and don't want to help that problem. Things are so dry and dead here, the round bales of coastal are just not enough for them, so we are supplementing them with a bit of Alfalfa.. imagine putting chocolate cupcakes in a herd of 5 year olds... it is really funny to watch. Hubby always kisses me and tells me he loves me before he goes in to each pen, just in case he doesn't make it out alive! LOL ---- we may "treat" them again in a few days I will try and remember my camera, I laugh so hard I cry sometimes and how hard the push, kick and buck trying to be the front of the line and get the biggest pile.
Ok.. on to the rest of my Sunday - Hope you are having a great one yourself!
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Bev said...

Oh Michelle you have more than made up for no Magnolia challenge today with this gorgeous card hun - love those papers and the image is just so sweet. Fabulous!!

hugs Bev x

anja said...

i love your card,gr. anja

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This is just adorable.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fantastic! Such a sweet image & the papers & ribbons are gorgeous.

Dawn said...

I love your bright and fun card - beautiful sunshine papers and gorgeous colouring!
Your posts are always so great to read - they always make me smile!

Dawn

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card and that ribbon does look luscious. Please take your camera for the next alfalfa feed.
Hugs
Heather

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh I love your card Michelle and such gorgeous colouring and just love the colours, Hugs, Nikki x

Sally said...

Gorgeous card and I love that image. I just finished coloring before I read your blog. LOL

Heather Huggins said...

She's totally cute.. Love the way you did the bow..

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the Hanglar images, adorable! ! She is so cute Michelle!! Gorgeous colorng, beautiful papers!!

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Michelle! the little gal is just the cutest and colored beautifully!!...Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

I am so fed up with rain! I need to get out into the garden and clear up after the winter - the very cold weather has done for the jasmine and African daisies but I hope they may still be alive underground. your card today is beautifully bright and cheerful and such an adorable image, I think I have one or two of her in the box - will go and take a look. hugs, annie x

ribenaruby said...

Love the brightness of this one Michelle, wonderful and a giggle reading your fun post about the hay.

Cynde said...

What a great card. I love the colors you chose, she really does look like Fresh Spring. Like the cute small punch border by MS. Really sets off the coloring you did, which is Great! Her hair wreath with all the cure flowers really stands out. Thanks for Sharing your inspiration..

Cynde said...

What a great card. I love the colors you chose, she really does look like Fresh Spring. Like the cute small punch border by MS. Really sets off the coloring you did, which is Great! Her hair wreath with all the cure flowers really stands out. Thanks for Sharing your inspiration..