Sunday, February 1, 2009

Magnolia Vs. Stampavie in Color!

This week on the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge we are in color! A color challenge and a really great combo...


I just love these colors together don't you. The names are Stampin Up names, but if you don't use that do like I did and just match up best as you can!






For my card I started with the Sage Meadow (or teal-ish blue color) as my base. I then picked a couple of pattern papers that fit the challenge. First is a soft glittered background paper from My Minds Eye Laundry Line collection. I inked the edges and then sewed with a zig zag stitch. I found a scrap piece of light brown with a pink swirl - sorry can't come up with the name at the moment, and it was left overs from a card a while back. I matted it on pink card stock and sewed it down. The sentiment is from Lockheart Stamp co. and was perfect for one of my Magnolia Tildas that I have never inked up. I know a true shame. Well she has been inked, stamped and colored with my copics, all in the challenge colors. The ribbon is from Making Memories and is part of the Sabrina collection. I finished off by cutting a swirl with my MM Slice, high lighting with a gel pen, then topping with felt flowers, a spacer and large brown brad. Love the color combo - and thought this one came out pretty cute.


Make sure to visit the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge Blog and check out the other DT cards... wow really fabulous stuff. And then join in yourself... some great prizes up for grabs!




I had a couple of questions yesterday of what kind of dog Libbie is. She is a Toy Australian Shepherd. She will probably end up 8-10 inches tall and about the same in weight. A smart, but tiny dog. And absolutely adorable!




Today is the Super Bowl... we are having a Super Bowl BBQ... Hubbie's brother and his family are coming over too meet Libbie and eat a late lunch. We don't watch football - so the TV won't even come on, but hey everyone else in America is having a Bowl party and we are closed at our business because of the game, so we figured we would have a party too.


Hope you have a great Sunday planned - me I am going to go have breakfast with the locals then come home and make a cake.


HUGS and-

13 comments:

Rach said...

adorable Michelle,
hugs rachxx

Helene said...

Very sweet card...great colors!

Donalda said...

Oh I love your card dear so pretty!!! Love that Tilda !!!
Yelp big party day but not for me I am just playing lol

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours. The brown paper with the pink swirl is especially nice & this Tilda is very cute. Enjoy your day.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! xx

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the ribbon

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle and love the layout and your gorgeous colouring, fabulous stitching too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Heidi said...

This is just soooo cute my friend. i really love it. Great papers and image. And wonderful coloring like always

Hugs from
heidi

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Michelle!! The colors are fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Michelle...the colours are fab.
Caz
x

Annie said...

I'm all behind and catching up! love your card with this poor wee Tilda - and the perfect sentiment to go with her. Nice colour combination too - I will try to join in if I can find the time! hugs, annie x

Dawn said...

Such a sweet card - love how she sits on the paper - it's wonderful!

Unknown said...

oh.. Michelle... it's so nice..