Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Spoon Full of Easter Goodies -

This Tuesday A Spoon Full of Sugar is a wonderful Sketch by Debbie, and was perfect to try out one of my new images from Alota Rubber Stamps.


We have a great prize this week of a $12 gift certificate which has very kindly been donated by Summer from Roses on paper. Thank you Summer! So make sure play along, cuz we all know how many wonderful items they have!




Ok, quickly here is my card - gotta get dressed and gone for day two of Donkey Day at the Rodeo.

The image is called "Easter Jar", I love all the yummies in the jar, but the I really love the jar, I just love old Mason Jars, I collect really old ones, and this one just called to me. I colored all the goodies with my Copic Markers, then once everything was colored I put a layer of Dimensional Glaze just on the glass section. Oh man I really wish you could see how cool this looks in real life.
I followed the sketch with some really adorable Spring paper, it is double sided, so only used one sheet here! Sorry, can't remember the name. I bought it online and the name wasn't on it and I can't find my invoice. I hide or throw away all proof of purchases :0) LOL I then sewed a zig zag stitch and also a gel pen white stitch around the edges. I was stumped for a sentiment and then found this Popsicle stick in my stash... seemed to fit.
Please do run over and see all the cute cards at A Spoon Full of Sugar - and join in a wonderful sketch.
Better get a move on - sorry I have been so quick and on the run lately... life -
HUGS
MichelleO


21 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love the image and the pretty dp. Hugs Nikki x

Hannah said...

gorgeous card Michelle, love the card, the image is so cute and the lovely DP.
big hugs hannahxx

Sally said...

Great card and DP.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is so, so cute Michelle! WOw...I LOVE the glass effect and the bright colors in the jar! SO cute!

Helene said...

Oh wow I love the new look of your blog....It's beautiful...And of cours all the cards...Love the new Easter cards.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card!! Love the image and your coloring!! :) TFS!! Your blog looks great BTW!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Michelle Love the new Alota Image,and I love the new look blog, Hugs Debbie x

Tina said...

Gorgeous card Michelle.. i love the image.. so bright... have a great day at the rodeo... Crafty hugs Tina

Janice said...

Beautiful card and I love the new blog look. Very pretty!

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Michelle!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful card Michelle.

Amber said...

this card is too sweet ! its hard to beleive that easter is already right around the corner ! Have a blessed day

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and soooo cute!
Hugs, Marlene x

Helen said...

Fab card - the image is so cute!
Helen x

Annie said...

love that paper, it's by Imaginisce and I have a little bit left! and that jar of sweeties is fabulous! enjoy your day. hugs, annie x

Betty J Schaub said...

so cute and you are right, the popsicle stick is just perfect! I can see a little shimmer of the glass. Nicely done.

stampinfrog said...

Terrific Card! Love the papers and the jar is sooooo amazing!Fantastic card!
Hugs,Connie

Janna said...

Michelle this is so so cute and springy! I love the goodies in the jar! Too perfect for easter and the buttons and stitching are great!! Wonderful job! I hope you had fun today at the donkey rodeo!

Smiles,
janna

Sharon said...

That's a great Easter image Michelle and your card looks lovely and bright.

Sharon said...

That's a great Easter image Michelle and your card looks lovely and bright.

Ila said...

This is Super Cute!! love the image and fun colors!!...Hugs, Ila