Thursday, February 5, 2009

Friday Sketchers, just in time...



I got a challenge done! Whoo Hoo, almost too late, but got it done! Friday Sketchers has a great sketch and was fun to work with. And even more fun is I used one of the adorable Sarah Kay images that I just love. This is "First Kiss", how cute. And colored with my Copics, to match the colors in the papers.
My papers, dark brown card stock for the base, then a chocolate brown for the mats. The pattern papers are wonderful.. yummy... sparkly with lots of glitter. They are from My Minds Eye Laundry Line. I doodled around the image with little hearts, X's and O's, seemed to fit. After matting, I found two metal photo turns, and mini brads. The blue color card stock... don't know what color it is.. anyway I punched the bottom of it with Martha's Valentine Punch and then inked all around the edges of everything before attaching. The band across the center is a American Crafts
cream and dotted satin ribbon.
For the sentiment... not so crazy about that. I punched two Martha scallop hearts, and then hand wrote "1st Kiss" on them.
Love the sketch, and so happy for the first time in a long time I got to join in a sketch just for fun.
Who knows maybe tomorrow I will have another one! I hope to have some crafting time again later today - if Hubby doesn't come up with some project he wants to work on... you know what it is like on their days off!
HUGS and-

19 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

How precious! BRAVO!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous cards. I just love the colors and layout. I just love this stamps. I don't own any yet, but they are on my very long wishlist.

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous!!!! AS always, though!!! Your knack for colours is amazing, Girl!!!!! LOVE THIS CARD!!!!
Chris

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, gorgeous colours! Love this & the little hearts are so cute.

Catherine said...

i just love this image... so sweet :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This card is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and that paper...I have some of it as well. You are so talented, Michelle!!!

Norine said...

love it so cute always enjoy your work
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

These are both adorable. I showed my hubby and said that was us. aaawwww Wish I could color like that.

Suzanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous I love the colours and your colouring is fabulous. Pleased your parcel got there that was quick I only sent it last Friday. Sue :o)

Annie said...

ooo gorgeous card Michelle, love the blue and brown colours and the pretty hearts. hope you get to craft some more today. hugs, annie x

Rach said...

ooo this is so sweet. i really really love this image. it's so cute! your have done a fabulous job with the sketch and love the little hearts.xx

Naoual said...

Lovely card and beautiful colour combination!

xx Naoual

Amanda said...

Very cute! I love the DP and color combo. That image is just precious.

Carole said...

Beautiful card Michelle, just love the SK image!
Thanks for trying my sketch.
Hugs
Carole x

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Michelle!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, such a cute image and i love the wonderful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Ila said...

This is So Beautiful!! the image is Adorable and the layout, paper and heart border look Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I love all your card layouts!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Just gorgeous Michelle! Such a precious image, love it!!