Saturday, February 28, 2009

Feeding Donkey Day

Ok, as I promised I got some photos of Donkey Feeding... not just ordinary feeding, last night was treat night - once or twice a week they get Alfalfa... we LOVE Alfalfa! Now I just need to work on video for you so you can see the fast movement and hear all the noise!



















They all get so excited, they kick up a lot of dirt - lots of excitement and energy - it is so fun to watch. Maybe not for all of us - The three standards are trying so hard to be patient... not really but it looks that way in the photo - they actually were making lots of noise themselves and kicking at the fences. But I can pretend they are well behaved.


This is the youth pen... they really go nuts - LOTS of bucking and kicking... Irene and Rosie really do go nuts... and that makes me feel good that Rosie is so happy and eating so well. She really is doing much and seems back to her happy self. This "sick time" was really a much shorter one, maybe we are getting to this thing!
I also got a photo of proof that Spring is coming - this tree next to the pen has just popped out in the last day or so!
Ok, now some Libbie shots....


I put the camera on the floor for these... different angle, but still a cutie...




Then I thought this was too cute to not show.... this is what Libbie and Gato do every morning. They sit on the rug in the kitchen and try and wait. It last just a few minutes - then Libbie starts running around barking. Breakfast is coming soon... just let me snap this one photo first!
Now I am going to get laundry started and then snap some photos of my BLOG CANDY... so after lunch I will get it up - I hope you will come back and see what I put together to celebrate my one year Blog Anniversary!
Hugs and-

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

My sister feeds her Alpacas with a similar thing and these laid back animals go mad!! so I can only imagine what it must be like for you. Gosh Libbie is getting so big!! and incredibly cute as is Gato.Your animals certainly have a good bilett. Sue :o)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wonderful photos Michelle, I really appreciate you sharing them with us. And while I love to see the donkeys, I have to be honest & say that Libbie has stolen my heart! She is an absolute darling & if I ever win the lottery I will be turning up on your doorstep just to give her a cuddle!! :) Have a great weekend.

Anita said...

cute photos! Photo day is a bright spot on my Sat.

retiredheather said...

Oh, thanks so much for the donkey photos. I can hardly wait for the videos...I can just imagine the noise of hungry but happy donkeys. That Libbie is such a cameral lover. I just wish one of ours would behave for a photo. Mine jump and want to give kisses.
Hugs
Heather

Rach said...

oh these are fabby pictures michelle, and libby and gato are so sweet..

DawnMarie said...

Oh my gosh Libbie is getting big!! and Gato is so cute, lovely colouring. Donkeys look so happy to be getting some alfalfa lol so cute and I'm really glad Rosie is doing so well, I was a wee bit worried about her so its great to know that she's bouncing back.x

Lorraine A said...

what gorgeous photo's :-0 they're all just so cute :-) Love them all
Lorraine

Annie said...

I'm guessing alfalfa is a bit like chocolate when you haven't had any in a while! well if you are a donkey that is! glad so see that spring is on the way in Texas, I just wish Cornwall would catch up - we are very late this year. hugs, annie x

ribenaruby said...

Great to see the donkeys getting their special feed, love all the pics, thanks for sharing and Libbie and Gato look cute together. Have a great day Michelle.

Happy Crafter said...

Awe love your donkeys and the pics are fab, libbie is adorable as is gato too thanks for sharing these:)
Val xxx
I have left a little something for you on my blog :)

Heather Huggins said...

Your puppy is TOO CUTE!!!

Cynde said...

The pictures are fabulous! Love how Gato and Libby have become such buds. Tooo Cute!
Thanks for sharing all your children with us!
Cynde

Dawn said...

Awww I love Saturdays round yours!!
I can imagine the fuss and noise with the feeding of those wonderful donkeys. It must be amazing to be in the midst of it all!!

And boy Gato is as big as Libbie!!!
Look at those wee faces - it's just adorable to see ....

Grinning from ear to ear!!!


Dawn

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Michelle, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I have to make some cat and dog cards for a lady doing a dog show in May to raise funds for her Dog Rescue and I wonder if you would allow me to use the pictures of Libby and those of Libby/Gato as I think they are so cute. Best wishes. Kym xxx