Friday, February 6, 2009

A Cute Card - with a bit of Metal Edges!

Two challenges in Two Days! And this one is right on time! I just loved the idea of including Metal on my card - That is this weeks Challenge to include some any type of Metal on your card. Well I use to put metal on lots of my Scrapbook pages - way back when I use to do that. LOL (But tonight I just might.. I am going to a friends to crop! Haven't gotten together in forever, or at least it feels that way!) Anyway I pulled out some of my favorite metal... I have a bunch of the old Making Memories Metal edges. Years ago these came out and I was so in love with them I collected them anytime I found them.





Ok. Metal covered now what was I going to do with my card - never started with a bold embellishment before. So this one went a million different directions before I finished it. My images are Alota Rubber Stamps - "Wishing Well" the sentiment "Wishing You Well" and one of the new cute girl stamps "Girlfriend Cheryl". I colored all of them with my Copics. I cut the wishing well and the sentiment out with my Nestibilities Petite Ovals, Then "Cheryl" is cut out with my Fiskars fingertip knife.






Ok.. now those pattern papers... oh my how yummy are they? I was trying so hard to not purchase and new paper. I have so much it won't even fit on the shelves, the stacks are stacking up with nowhere to go. Well I went into Michael's yesterday, was looking for more of the Valentine Border Punches for a few of you Internet Buddies. Sorry Ladies no luck. Anyway... paper pads were on sale. But that is ok, cuz I have them all right? Nope... new one were out!! I got THREE of them! ACHHHHH! These are from a new one I had never seen before but love the maker already. Prima!!!! ooohh these papers are so pretty and it is a huge stack of papers! I picked two patterns and used the green polka dot as the back ground, then the large floral paper just gorgeous oh my... I picked one of the flowers and cut it out with my fiskar's knife, then layered it on the metal edges and dot paper. The ovals are inked on the edges, the sentiment was just too white, so I colored it in with Copic E53 Raw Silk. Cheryl is pop dotted to give her some dimension over the well. To finish it off I gel pen stitched the edges of the card and the ovals.






Very different - but I really like it.






As I said at the top.... tonight I am suppose to go to a crop at a friends. I don't know how much "work" I will get done but I am looking forward to seeing my girlies, we haven't gotten together since before Thanksgiving I think. Do you have fun plans for the weekend? I hope so -




HUGS and-


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet creation!! Love the metal edges peeking out! Very cool design! TFS!

Rach said...

ooo a gorgeous card Michelle, love the metal work that you have used and your gorgoeus images. Hope that you have fun at your crop, xxx

Unknown said...

It's really gorgeous Michelle - love that wishing well. As for papers well am saying nothing (except you can NEVER have too many!). Thanks for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn x

Annie said...

fabulous Michelle and lovin' that metal! now why don't we get scrummy papers like that over here?! Enjoy your crop tonight, the only plans I have for the weekend are to try and keep warm, it's freezing here! hugs, annie x

Helene said...

Great card Michelle...I really like the papers too....hmmm...I'll have to go shopping later today....I always seem to want the supplies you have....hehehe

Kirsten Alicia said...

You were right to buy these papers Michelle, they are gorgeous & I love this new card.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Michelle. The embossed metal makes it look really effective.

Deb said...

gorgeous card Michelle, I love the images and the metal strip, the papers are irresistible, I would have to buy them too!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great evening! Debx

peata said...

very cool card.
metal strip is great.

making mini albums
mini album blog

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous!! I love the layout...metal and the papers are Wonderful!!....Have a Great Weekend!!..Hugs, Ila

Donalda said...

Oh this is just beautiful dear. Love your scene you made. Just lovely dear.

Helena said...

Fantastic card and well done on getting two challenges in one done!

xxxx

Bev said...

Brilliant card Michelle, love the scene, those images are so cute.

hugs BEv x