Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spoon Full of Sugar - a Sketch by Tina!



Hello - and yes it is Tuesday and Tuesday's are Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge day!




"For our challenge this week we have a fabulous sketch which has been kindly designed for us by our Guest Designer Tina. Why not pop over here and take a peep at Tina's blog. Her attention to detail on her cards is amazing. Don't forget you may rotate, re size or elongate the sketch. You can even make something other than a card. All that we ask is that we can see that the item has followed the sketch. Please feel free to use a square or rectangle for the main image."




I just loved her sketch this week, was perfect to use one of my newer stamps from Lelo Designs, These kitties are named "You Go First", I don't know why... but they are cute! I colored them with my Copics, then high lighted wtih white gel pen and dimensional glaze.

White cards stock is used for my base, with scraps of a dark Rosy pink as mats for the pattern papers and the image. Do you love those pattern papers? Oh they are just yummy and they have raised glitter on them too! They are from My Minds Eye Laundry Line - I am loving these papers. You know there are lots of stacks out there, and I love papers in them, but not many where I know every sheet will be used, this is one of them.

I cut the papers to match the sketch for the vertical band I punched the edge with my Martha Stewart Valentine scallop punch - hard to tell in the photo. Then everything is sewed down with a zig zag stitch and a pretty shiny light pink thread. The sentiment is from Studio G, one of those $1 sets from Michael's, love it!

There are some really adorable cards this week from the other DT cards - and it is a really fun sketch to work with, why not check it out and do it too! There is a fabulous prize this week from our sponsor Nutcrafters. One lucky person will win High Hopes 'Cowgirl Candice', High Hopes 'Howdy Pardner' sentiment and also a Prima 'Pixie tin' (small assorted colour flowers). Thank you Colette and Katie for this wonderful prize!

Me.. I am cleaning today - actually sorting and organizing a bunch of stuff that has been stacked up for a long time. I need to get help with my wanting to save everything. I have done pretty good in all the other rooms, but our bedroom, particularly the corner of my crafty area... yep tons of stuff that I just can't part with. Someday I may want it to do something crafty with. But today I hope to narrow down the stacks and get everything put on the shelves. Hubby don't think it will happen. Well if I can't get it all on the shelves I will find somewhere to hide it just so he thinks I did! LOL

Hope you have a great day -

HUGS and-

22 comments:

Caroline said...

WOW! I love it this is gorgeous. Caroline x

Bubbles said...

Beautiful card Michelle, yes that image is really cute! The papers you have used are just gorgeous!
Hope the cleaning goes well!
Joanne x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card, I love the papers & the little cats are very cute. Kirsten x.

Anonymous said...

great card michelle !! the image is so sweet !! love the wonderful paper !! thank you for the beautiful work !!
hugs tina46xx

Sally said...

Great card. Love those papers

Annie said...

love the bright colours on this cute card Michelle - we need warming up over here! best of luck with your tidying up today - it is hard to narrow down what is essential and what might just come in handy - you need to keep both! hugs, annie x

Ila said...

Oh Wow!! this is Absolutely Adorable!!..I love the Gorgeous papers and the image is Super Cute!!...Hugs, Ila

Sharon said...

Gorgeous papers really pretty and they look lovely with the stitching round. Great little image too. xx

Rach said...

A beautiful card Michelle, those papers are yummy. your new kitty image is so sweet and you have coloured it beautifully.
I like your plan if you don't get to sort out your stacks of stuff...lol.
xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the image and the papers are just gorgoeus. I have these and have not been brave enough to cut into them yet.
Lyndsey xx

retiredheather said...

Go on tease your hubby!! Love the card and best of luck on the cleaning. I always feel better when its done but boy is it hard to do.
Hugs
Heather

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers & those kitties are soooo cute!
Helen x

DawnMarie said...

Just beautiful Michelle.x

Donalda said...

This is so cute dear and so beautiful colored hon. Love it

Heidi said...

This is just so sweet Michelle. LOVE the image and how you haw colored it. Beautiful colors like always

Hugs and love
Heidi

ribenaruby said...

Cute, fab creation, love the kitties image and that great sentiment too!

Norine said...

another cute card love the kitties
hugs
Norine

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh that image is too cute!! great job ont he sketch...I hoep to get to it this week some time!!

Hugs, Kelly

Nicola said...

Great card. I love these cats they are so cute. I can just picture my two trouble makers. I can see this stamp going on my wish list.

Hugs
Nic

Cynde said...

Great Card...like the little sentiment, seems perfect for the kitties! Good Luck hiding from the Hubby!!! LOL.....

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Michelle the cute couple are Adorable, Hugs Debbie x

Dawn said...

Well I love love this!!
but then I'm a mad cat lover!!
Gorgeous colouring and layering -