Friday, February 20, 2009

Celebrate Spring! ??

I am so excited.... SPRING IS COMING! I know that isn't true for everyone... but here... it is coming. I can actually see grass growing, and tree's are putting on leaves. Now if Mother Nature would help us out and give us some rain... things would really get going. Spring is a really important time for us. One we own a plant nursery... Spring is our time, busy but when we do the most business. And two most of the babies are born here in the Spring... and we all know how much we love that right?




Well this week Cute Card Thursday has the challenge of making a card with the signs of spring. This image is called "Natural Boy" isn't he cute? He is from Stampavie and is one of the Lelo Design images. Her stuff is just adorable! This is my idea of enjoying Spring. Sitting and just taking it all in.. ahh.. except here there would be a Donkey pulling at me, or eating the flowers.






I have colored with Copics, and then used scraps of yesterday's Bazzil Swiss dots for the mat. The base of the card is also Bazzil Swiss Dots, a really rich sage green. The pattern papers are from Imaginisce, a new paper for me - but I really like it, very heavy and two sided. I got mine at Treehouse Stamps and I think I may have to order more. I matted all the pattern papers with the same pink Swiss Dots scraps, and then sewed everything with zig zag stitch after inking the edges with a light brown. The Sentiment "Celebrate Spring" is a one of those $1.00 stamps at Micheal's. Punched a few of the EK Success Retro Flowers, with button centers, inked and high lighted with white gel pen. The a little gel pen stitching on the edges of the card.




I decorated the inside of this one too!! And then forgot to take a photo - sorry, but it is cute ;0)
Can you believe it is already Friday? Wow time flies.. when you are running behind and can't catch up.. cuz I sure haven't been having fun this week! LOL
So what do you have planned for this weekend... let me live through your fun... me working around home -
And hey... I think I am going to work on getting some Blog Candy together... I just realized that this next week is my blog's one year anniversary!! So I really need to do some partying don't you think?
HUGS and-

21 comments:

Ila said...

So Super Cute!! I love the little scene...and the papers are Wonderful!!..I'm hoping for a quiet weekend and to get some cardmaking done...or at least a #of images colored....Have a Great Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Friday!!!! Well we have a surprise Bday party to go to for my father in-law Sat. Supposed to go to the cheap theatre on Sunday to see Marley & Me with a friend. That's about all my plans I know of so far. I have did a little shopping this past week. I got the Drippy Goo punch by Martha Stewart, some cute DP, and Tinkerbell clear rubber stamp set, oh and EK Success border punch of the beach~so I really want to sit down and play with all that if I get a moment to myself!!! Take care!
Hugs, Heidi

Hannah said...

hi Michelle, gorgeous card i love the image you have used. he is beautiful and i love the DP you have used.the sentiment is brilliant. i love the flower you have used they are lovely, they go perfectly with the image.
big hugs hannahxx

Rach said...

wonderful Michelle, Happy friday to you hun hope you get the rain that you want..
love the image on your card, and the colouring. and those papers are gorgeous!
enjoy your weekend. xxx

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Michelle! Love the image and those papers are really "Springy"! Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Linda said...

This is a really cute card, Michelle, and really speaks of spring. Love it!

Annie said...

lovely spring feel to your card Michelle, and hopefully that grass will green up and grow for you very soon - ours has hardly stopped growing even with the snow! enjoy your weekend. hugs, annie x

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, gorgeous card, love the papers, you have such good taste, cute image too. Hoping to get a card and a few bookmarks made this weekend. I will have a word with Mother Nature to send some Scottish rain over to you in Texas cos were sick of it here lol. Hugs DawnM.x

jacque4u2c said...

WOW!!!! I just love this new layout on your blog - you did a fantastic job!

Betty J Schaub said...

Awe, so cute! Just give him a black eye and he could be my grandson who was playing Shipley's doughnut delivery guy and got caught on a swing, flipped and landed in the little FP car.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day. LOL

Zoe said...

Hello Michelle, I love your pretty colouring with the copics and I love the design.
love
Zoe
xxxxx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific card! I love the papers & the flowers & the image is very cute.

Ida said...

Sweet Card. I can't wait for Spring.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so cute Michelle and your colouring is gorgeous, love the flowers and all that fabulous stitching, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tina said...

Awww Michelle I love the little scene...and the papers are gorgeous.... have a great weekend.. crafty hugs Tina.

Dawn said...

Aww this is such a sweet image and perfect for spring I am so looking forward to lighter nights and summer days and some sun!!!


Dawn
x

RDH said...

Hey Michelle!! Long time no see!! Your blog is looking wonderful!! Another great card too!!! Hey....you have an award waiting for you on my blog!!! Hurry over and check it out!http://rdhcardcrafter.blogspot.com/
Heather

Nicole Bailey said...

This card is so super adorable. :O)
You changed your blog...I just love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

So cuper cute Michelle!! After being on the go for 2 days running around doing errandds and such I am just going to realx...well as much as possible with 2 kiddos:-)

Tracey said...

Such a fantastic and adorable card Michelle!!

Janna said...

I left a comment out on the stampavie blog but I wanted to leave a comment here as well! this is just too, too adorable! i love your coloring and the bright cheerful papers you used! Amazing job!

Smiles,
janna