Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Sugar Bowl of Love


I am soooo happy I got to take part in the third Sugar Bowl challenge. Love and Romance is the theme, and I think a Great Big Hug covers that don't you?



I used one of my favorite Sugars the Bunny... I just love her.





Now all of this is going to have to be really quick as Hubby is gonna be yelling at me really soon that I am holding everyone up. We are going on a field trip... taking MIL to the cemetery and on a few other errands, a day trip which should be a nice day the weather looks wonderful. One thing is we are taking Libbie, this will be her first trip "bye bye" so wish me luck.





Ok the card - I used two scrap papers, sorry I don't know the names just that they are wonderful pink and white papers. I stamped the bunny and the Alota Rubber Stamps heart Circle and colored them with my Copics. I then high lighted with my diamond stickles. Then sentiment in the center of the circle was just perfect for the bunny don't you think?


I punched the bottom of the dark pink pattern paper with Martha's small Valentine Border punch, then ran a piece of American Crafts ribbon across the top of it. I punched a bunch of EK Success Retro flowers out of scrap card stock. So many Valentine Cards the last couple of weeks, lots of scrap pinks card stock! I inked the edges of the petals, and high lighted with white gel pen. Put them together with jewelery spacers and mini brads and added a charm in the center flower. I then used a large metal corner that I found last week, these have been in my stash forever! Really I can't remember not seeing them in the drawer! I love how it all came together, very girlie, pink and white with the touch of brown.


Sorry to blog and run, but Hubby is tapping his foot. I am suppose to be ready to leave at 9AM... it is 8:31 at this moment, and I am sitting here in my robe and slippers and still need to get Libbie's things together - AHHH


HUGS to all of you!

18 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this card Michelle! What a cute bunny!

Danni said...

This is so cute, Michelle! Love that sentiment, so fun!

Betty J Schaub said...

WOW! There's a LOT of love in this one! I really like the sentiment and how it spirals! And your coloring is awesome!

Annie said...

aw this is so cute, love the pink wabbit and all the hearts. enjoy your day out and I hope Libbie does too! hugs, annie x

PaperSunshine said...

This is adorable! Love the verse in the swirl and hearts! I have been inspired by your work to buy some stamps from Alota but their web-site is hard, I can't find a thing you list! Anyway I am enjoying your cards with their stamps :)

Sally said...

Love your card and the verse swirl is great. BTW, hubby's were made to tap their foot. Mine does it all the time. lOL

Marcea said...

I love your card and your sentiment stamp is brilliant! Hope you had a good day
-x-

Kirsten Alicia said...

Ooh, this is bee-yoo-ti-ful! And I love the swirly sentiment.

Frances said...

heehee, know that feeling well - I'm forever making hubby wait! Love the card and hope Libbie enjoys her 1st trip out. x

The Pink Elephant said...

Such a pretty card!!

Rach said...

awesome card Michelle, love that rabbit and you have coloured her beautifully. Hope that all went well today ... xxx

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card Michelle love the bunny so cute:)
Val xxx

Suzanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous I am loving the pink.I have these bunny's I must dust them off. Hope you had a good day. Sue :o)

Joey said...

Hi Michelle, your card is gorgeous, I love the pink and the layout is fabulous. joey.xxx

Lilian said...

Michelle, this is just an adorable card and you used scraps? Lovely coloring of the cute bunny and love your details. How you do it in such a short time is amazing. Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

jjcreations said...

LOVE IT! What an incredibly cute little bunny.....and the hug is awesome too. Joan

Kelly Schelske said...

Lots of love here Michelle, it's beautiful!! Love the sentiment!!

Hope you had a great day!!

Kelly xx

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card!! Just love the image and the cute details!! TFS! :)