Saturday, May 22, 2010

Animal Crackers - Making Faces??

I am thinking maybe my "children" were having some fun with me this week... as I sat down this morning to work on the photographs I took late yesterday evening, it seems as if some of the animals were making faces at me.  No... Really!

First Annie was sticking her tongue out at me... She is starting to get kind of wide... I think she is about a 6-8 weeks from having her baby or babies... She was such a wonderful Mom to her first, it was so sad that she didn't make it, I hope these are healthy and strong!
Diego looked like he was making faces at me.. He was rubbing his head on the fence, I told him I would scratch his head for him.. but that fence must have been really doing a great job. Look at that face "Ooohhh this feels good, that is the spot"
Ted E. Bear always is up to something... here I could have sworn he winked at me and said "UH.. don't tell Dad I am going to take this hook thing..."  But Dad saw him too and took it away from him, no playing with sharp objects Ted! He was "helping" Dad unload square bales last night...
Autie - a cute little face, he was making all kinds of noises and faces, this boy loves to play outside. But he was beginning to get really hot... pant pant...
Libbie was just bored with me being silly... and trying to take her photo. ... YAWN....

Wanted to show you how big our little boy has gotten! Libbie is just right at 10 inches at her shoulders. And now Autie stands just a tiny bit higher than she does. I think he might be done growing, as he hasn't changed much in the past few weeks. Dad is happy that he hasn't gotten the longer, as we call it "Butt Skirt". He says it just wouldn't be right on a man....
Just after I took the photo of Ted E. Bear "helping" Dad unload the load of hay, I turned around and saw this... The Youth pen... You think they were interested in the hay being unloaded?
One more photo this week, I am so happy about Rosie!!!! I can't tell you how happy. I know I have told you in the past all about our Sick Rosie. Poor girl has been sick her whole life, and on meds off and on since young. Nothing was working to keep her feeling well for very long. And the only thing that did help her was bad for her, and while making her feel better to move around was doing damage to her organs. Nasty Butte Paste, strong stuff. Well a new doctor we met suggested a couple of weeks ago to take her cold turkey off of it, and put her on the Glucosamine and Chondroitin mixture. IT IS WORKING!!! She is acting more alive and healthy than she ever has, moving around better and staying with the rest of the donkeys instead of laying off in the corner of the pen by herself, killed me she was so sad. She is putting weight on, and although still skinny.. she is getting a little meat on her! I love this girl so much.... Hubby and I are both so happy she is doing better and I just pray that it stays this way!!

Well... I took a bunch more photos last night, but I hold those off till next time... well unless Lacey or Vicki decide to finally have a baby that is!! Man those girls are WIDE and look miserable... soon....

Have a great Saturday - Hugs and-




5 comments:

Cards By MI said...

It's so good to hear about Rosie. My parents had a rottweiler that ate glucosamine as well. Helped her alot together with acupuncture. It did also help my cat with arthritis. Wonderful when they respond so well to their threatment. Good luck to little Rosie.
xMarie

Redlady said...

I so look forward every week to see the photos of your babies. Wish it were possible to see them in real life.
So glad Rosie is feeling better. It's awful when our animals are sick isn't it?
Thank you for showing us your family.
Hilda

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! just stopping by to catch up with the brood and see what you've been up to! I'm so glad that Rosie is doing much better.
enjoy your weekend.
hugs, annie x

BethW said...

Wonderful news about Rosie-Glucosamine and Chondroitin is good stuff. Tell Dad if Autie's "skirt" does grow he can always call it his blacksmith apron!

Shelly said...

Loved the "making faces" pictures, Michelle. I so enjoy all of your Animal Crackers pictures. I'm glad to hear the good news about Rosie.