Thursday, May 13, 2010

mmm Baking a Treat - -

Hi! I actually got to craft last night! My hand is feeling better, I just have numbness from time to time, and last night wasn't too bad so Yea I got to color! I am not a happy camper if I can't color! :0)

I needed a simple Happy Birthday card, and this one really came together very quick... And it has chocolate in the the bowl so yummy!
This is Stampavie's Gillian Roberts "Baking a Treat".... I just love it! How adorable are these two bakers? I have colored with my Copics, and then added just a bit of Spica Glitter pen to the Chocolate in the bowl, and some white gel pen high lights. Then cut out with a Nesties Label and used a Copic to create a Mat look.


Now seriously, this card came together so fast. I needed it to be flat - (easier to mail) - I layered the yellow card stock base with a dusty pink and white card stock - then used one piece of K&Company Cut and Paste collection paper, I love the scattered layer look of this pattern paper - and again you don't need a lot when using it as it already looks like lots of different papers. And this one was perfect for a Birthday card as it has old recipes for Cakes on it! I sewed it with the mats. Then I cut out Happy Birthday from the pink card stock with a Sizzix Car Makers die, the cupcake is a part of that die... wasn't going to use it in the beginning and then I realized that the top corner was empty looking, and well... the cupcake fit perfectly. I colored the die cut with Copics and then Spica Glitter pens.

Again this was a fast one, but I so love how it came out - great image with the perfect paper helps a whole bunch!

Have a wonderful day - And don't forget my Candy I have going now.. link to the left :0)
HUGS and-

8 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Wow what a gorgeous card :) Marja

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Naoual said...

Such a cute card, love that image!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute, love the recipe paper!!

COCO said...

oh wonderful card Michelle !!!
and nice image !!
hugs coco

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorjus hun love the layout and image hugs cheryl xxxx

Rufus said...

You're right these are perfect together!
R/

Anonymous said...

nice card!
Elma