Friday, May 21, 2010

Just Magnolias - Jane's Great Sketch!!

Today is a GREAT sketch for Just Magnolias by DT member Jane! Thank you Jane... love this sketch!

I wanted to have fun with some bright spring colors for this sketch and my new Heidi Grace papers were perfect. Don't you just love the lime green and pink combo? Screams Spring to me.

I followed the sketch for the challenge with three pattern papers from the collection, my card stock is Core'dinations whitewash papers in lime green and pink. I used the back sides from the white wash papers for mats, but the white wash sides for the base of the card and as pattern paper in the sketch. The vertical band is a gathered ribbon with a grosgrain lime green stitched ribbon on top. Everything is sewed together.
My image this week is again masked... I wanted something to fill the horizontal oval... the bench is a great "fill" Then I got a chance to use one of the million sitting Tildas :0)  This one is just adorable, is it the puppy or the heart on her overalls? Which ever.. love it! I colored with my Copics, high lighted with white gel pen, then cut with my oval Nesties and doodled around the mat. 

For the three "dots" in the sketch... I went kind of large, and used three bling flowers. Found these in the Bridal section of the store, and they are self adhesive. Have you checked out the Bridal section lately? Really cute things there that can be used for so much! My sentiment is a Cloud 9 Epoxy sticker, on the green card stock.

Now I hope you will join us at the Just Magnolia's Challenge! Great prize again this week! And a Fabulous sketch is the challenge....

Have a wonderful Friday and see you back tomorrow for Animal Crackers.. oh and don't forget my Blog Candy that is running, link is on the top of my sidebar. ;0)

HUGS and-

3 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rufus said...

She's so cute sitting on the bench with her puppy! The papers def. say SPRING!
R/

Linda said...

Hi Michelle I love your card. Those colours are gorgeous. I love the way you filled your space on your oval. Love Linda