Friday, May 7, 2010

Just Magnolias - It just takes two

Just Magnolias time - and this week it takes two... or with me.. three or four :0)  LOL The challenge this week is to use at least two Magnolia images on your card or project. I was having so much fun pulling images to go together I ended up masking and using four Magnolia images! And had a blast putting them together and creating a scene with them.
My inspiration was starting off with Edwin from the Spring kit - He is just too wonderful! I decided he needed a forest look behind him. And despite that I am loving all the wonderful blooms and growth of the out doors right now, I so wanted to use the Magnolia tree that had no leaves on it. I have the wonderful full tree as well... but it well, is just too cute for "Robin Hood" especially with the heart on it. This tree was too perfect for him, and was just wonderful to have the owl sitting on!! Now I stamped that owl just a bit off... and the limbs where going to end up to high for the owl - so well..... I drew in the limb that the owl was sitting on, made it so easy to guarantee that he was perched just right. Then while going through my Magnolia stamps I also found the mushrooms. They were wonderful for the base of the tree - I started to use some other background stamps for the left side of the scene - then decided that I needed some open space and blue sky to balance all the green and brown.  The masking on all of this took some thinking out, but soooo worth it!

For my pattern papers I used My Minds Eye papers that I sewed together. I found a gold buckle in my stuff.. added a green ribbon for a corner embellishment. Then a epoxy sticker that reads Make a Wish - for some reason that just fit...

And then I decided that it needed something to follow the Make a wish.. so I decided to finish the inside -
I used the same papers as the front, sewed them together, and then the sentiment is a Sizzix Die Cut - It's Your Day!   Was fast and works -

So you having ideas about two or more images that you can put together? Well pull them out and have some fun! Really makes your card/project your own - Now pop over to Just Magnolia and see how the other DT have put two and two together and made some great images work together! Then join our challenge for another chance at a great prize!!

Have a great Friday and see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers... got a couple of really cute "First" photos to share!

HUGS and-

6 comments:

cheryl said...

wow hun you have done,a brilliant job with the masking totally awesome such a beautiful scene hugs cheryl xxxxx

Riet said...

Ohhh Michelle,what a beautiful card,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Such a fun card Michelle! Love the images you've used to create your scene! :)

Emma and Susan said...

What a cute card! really love your images and colours
love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxxxxxxxxxx

Rach said...

a fabulous card michelle, great papers and colouration of your images.x

Caroljenks said...

Fantastic card Michelle - you have done a great job with those stamps - and well done sorting out the owl :)

Carol x