Monday, May 17, 2010

Stampavie Challenge - Favorite Colors!

Happy Monday...  It is time for the Stampavie Challenge again! YEA! And this week is pretty fun and simple challenge. To use your own favorite color combo - Now for me, well my mood determines my favorite colors - and I go through periods where I use lots of one combo, then get tired of it and move to something new.

To be honest, Pink and Brown are one of my all time favorite combos... but I just haven't been in the mood for pink and brown lately. I also love purple and green, and aqua and peach.... LOL I have lots of favorites. Lately I have been really into country looking colors too.. I love deep red and blue - and it was a perfect combo for the Sarah Kay image, Adele enjoying fresh apples. Love this image, and while digging through my stash last week I found two rolls of ribbon I totally forgot I had. The are Debbie Mum collection from JoAnn's and they are PERFECT for this image :0)

Just ADORE the country look of this card! I found a checked pattern paper from DCWV, then Red Card stock and Bazzill Dotted Swiss blue card stock. I sewed down the checked paper and the lots of layers for that band. The two ribbons (do you love them or what???) and then a scrap of green checked paper, then two borders of Martha Stewart's embroidered flower punch, all on a red card stock backing, then sewed to the base. LOVE IT!
My image is colored with Copics - I tried to make it have that vintage country look with the bold colors as well... I sewed it to a scrap of the red and blue card stock.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts - and is placed in a metal circle label thingy... Oh and I also found two metal corner embellishments to match.

Now I know you have a favorite color combo... and as long as you use any Stampavie image you can join our fun.  Just visit the Stampavie DT HERE and you could win our FABULOUS Prize!

Have a great Monday :0)
HUGS and-

6 comments:

Judi said...

Oh WOW! Love this card, and your country colour combo.

BRILLIANT!

Hugs Judi xx

Irena said...

Very cute card :)

Cards By MI said...

Sweet as candy! Really a great card!
xMarie

Brooke said...

This card is adorable! The colors
and the background are so cheery.
Hugs,
Brooke

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracy said...

Really fabulous and I love the image and those colours and ribbon are gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x