Friday, May 28, 2010

Just Magnolias - HOT - SPICY - SUMMER!

Just Magnolias is gearing up for a Hot and Spicy Summer!

I decided to go for a more summer theme card, and I would have loved to jump into Tilda's touring car and go on vacation with them! But no... I have been doing some late "Spring Cleaning" and getting organized, de-cluttering and cleaning has made one huge mess in my house! LOL but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :0) Or at least through the piles of junk and dust!

So I have colored with my normal Copics :0) And then found some fun bright papers that said summer to me for the card.
A bright white card base, matted with a deep red - then two pattern papers from My Minds Eye Glitter Home Collection. Lots of sparkle :0)

I matted the pattern papers and sewed everything down with a zig zag stitch. While digging looking for a pretty solid ribbon.. I found these two American Craft ribbons, they were just  toooooo perfect!!! "Summer" and "Wish you were Here"  - don't you think too great for a Summer Vacation card! 

Mulberry mini Roses and Martha Steward branch punches finish off - Bright.. Sunny and I think it fits the theme this week - So you going on A Hot and Spicy Summer Vacation? How about starting off by joining us this week at Just Magnolias? We would love to have you join our challenge, and again this week FABULOUS prizes!

HUGS and we will see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!

11 comments:

Justine said...

This is so bright and pretty, just makes me smile

Anonymous said...

such a nice card in wonderful colours
Elma

Karen McAlpine said...

This card is sooo cute. Love that van image. And as always... your coloring is so fab!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is such a fun card Michelle! Love the bright colors and papers. Great image too! Perfect for a hot summer vacation! :)

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Your coloring is so wonderful!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rufus said...

Ok, now I want to go on vacation! Great card, bright, happy and cheerful.
R/

Caroljenks said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle - those papers are GORGEOUS and I love all of the stitching :)
...and of course your colouring is as perfect as always :)

Carol x

Marley said...

Beautiful card!! love it xx Marley

Joana24 said...

stunning card, love the image you have done a great job colouring great colour combo

hugs
Joana

Linda said...

Love your choice of DP for the challenge, love Linda