Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sarah Kay - Isabelle with puppy Coco

I love this image, heck we know I love all the Sarah Kay images ;0) But this is one of my absolute favorites from the Stampavies latest release - Isabelle with Puppy Coco.
 Just love that huge hat and that adorable puppy :0)  I colored with my Copics and then tore around the image and inked. Something a bit different...

And then look how different my card is! This was something I wasn't too sure about, but found it at a good price and went for it. This card base was cut out with a sizzix die! It is called Floral Flourish Card die - it is an XL Die and makes approximately a 5 1/2" x 4 1/8" finished card.  And I did get it at a really good deal... so I am very happy :0)  I cut it out once with the cream colored card stock, then twice I cut just the end of the card, once with scraps of green pattern paper, and then a second time with scraps of coral colored pattern paper. I layered over the ends of the card to give the floral flourish some pretty color.

The rest of my card was really simple, I found some scraps in the same colors - and sewed everything together - but some simple pearl embellishments on the corners and then a Thinking of You sentiment. Was so fast!  (well if you don't count my coloring time, I take a while at that sometimes LOL)

I hope you like my "new style" of card   - Hope you have a happy Thursday -
HUGS and-



4 comments:

Irena said...

Lovely card, I like the image and the layer :)

Karen McAlpine said...

This is so cute. Love how you used the scroll

Martina said...

I am a BIG Sarah Kay lover and like you this image is one of my most favourite one's!!! The shape of your card is cool...something quite different, but I really like it!!!
A beautiful card!
Martina

Caroljenks said...

Beautuful image and fabulous card shape - not seen this type of Die before - but will be looking now!

LOVE IT!

Carol x