Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Furry Friends!!

Hello - it is Spoon Day and today the theme is Furry Friends! This week sponsoring our challenge is the Lovely Melissa from MelJen's Designs If you would like to see more of Melissa's cute designs please pop on over to Whimsy Stamps on Wednesday where you will see melissa's newest Digi release for Whimsy.

For my card I just had to use her Collie - Reminded me of our Border Collie.. man we miss her.
For my card, I kept it kind of simple, I really wanted that Collie to get all the attention, I found a wonderful Sparkle Bone paper in my stash from Cloud Nine. Then used two pieces of card stock, a light brown and deep red. Love how they pop together. I sewed the papers together, then created a band across the middle with the brand new EK Success Paw Print Border punch. I love this new punch!!   The collie is colored with my Copics and I printed out a second dog to color the head and flower a second time and they are pop dotted off the main image - sorry forgot to take a photo from the side to show that.  Don't forget to pop over to Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the Furry Friends!

I sprained my hand Sunday night - and let me tell you not having my right hand is really becoming a pain... it is much better today - maybe I can actually get a few things done. Running late now though - suppose to take MIL shopping this morning. I just hope she doesn't have a long list, I don't know how into shopping I am going to be.

Have a great Tuesday -
HUGS and



5 comments:

Marley said...

Hi Michelle!
Love your card.. Awesome colouring! So fun to see how we used the same image and our cards are so different!
Hugs Marley

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

COCO said...

fab card Michelle !!
hugs coco

Archies Mum said...

Love the card, that image is brilliant, and as for the edge punch (I want one lol) x

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card and that Collie is so cute :) Great paper and I love that paw print punch :)

Carol x