Monday, May 3, 2010

Stampavie Challenge - GLITTTER! YEA!

We all love the bling! And today is the day for the Stampavie DT BLOG challenge, and it is to have some sort of Glitter on your card! With all of the yummy glitter papers, stickles and precious glitter out there this is pretty easy and pretty darn fun!
I started with Tina Wenke's Hedgehog with Umbrella, ok... we don't have Hedgehogs here in Texas.. at least around here we don't. So I don't know much about them, but if we did have them, I wish they would be as cute as this one! I have colored with my Copics - and then added some "GLITTER" bling with stickles.  I cut her out with my Nesties.
For my card I went with lots of yummy glitter papers from My Minds Eye - each of these pattern papers have lots of sparkle to them. I sewed everything down with zig zag and straight stitches. I ran a piece of satin ribbon across the middle. looks more creme here than it does in person.. hmmm wonder why? My sentiment is from The Cats Pajamas - perfect for this image don't you think?
Trying to capture the glitter bling better...

I do hope you will join us at Stampavie DT Blog and play for that SPECIAL prize! Pop on over and see more of the Dt glitter cards HERE -

HUGS and have a great Monday!


6 comments:

Judi said...

This is LOVELY! Love the image, colour scheme, and sentiment. FAB! Fab! Fab!

Judi xx

Irena said...

Wonderful card, I like it very much :)

Brooke said...

Great card Michelle. I love glitter.
Hugs,
Brooke

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

cheryl said...

this is really beautiful hun love that image and the colurs are gorjus hugs cheryl xxxx

Caroljenks said...

This is beautiful. I'm sure if there were any Hedgies living near you they'd be as cute as this one - all your other animales are!

Love the stitching you've done on this - really adds to the effect.

Carol x