Friday, May 14, 2010

A Girlie - JUST MAGNOLIAS

This week at Just Magnolia's it has gone all Girlie :0) So anything good for a Female card... anything pretty!

I started to go my norm... and pull out lots of pink, and then I thought no... try something different - unexpected. And well.. aqua and orange? LOL I just don't know - I may have gone too far from my normal. I followed some of the new papers I have from My Minds Eye, they are gorgeous papers, but maybe not Girlie enough?


For my card I layered up three of the pattern papers from the collection. Really love this Glitter stack - lots of bling, which to me is very Girlie. I sewed everything together with white thread and placed it all on white card stock base. 
I had so much fun last week masking and creating a scene with the images... well I did it again this week! Now my first thought when I got the last Magnolia Stamp Club set was .. hmmm that is one large flower - but then you know it could just be that this is one tiny Tilda? I don't know but I think they are fun together. I colored with my Copics after masking Tilda the flowers and two butterflies. 

So what do you think of my "flower"?
There is a lot going on there huh? First.. even if I say so myself, I love the rose! You see... I did that (patting my self on the back here) Yep... I made it! Ok... so I had LOTS of help from Sizzix! This is one of the brand new 3-D Bigz dies. It cuts two roses with each cut, this is the smaller of the two. Then you just roll her up! I inked the edges a bit as well. I like how the rose can now match my card even more! Can't wait to play more with this die. Then I punched a bunch of Martha Stewart branches? I don't remember what it is called... but well I think it was better with this card than leaves. And in white matching more. Then... well I threw caution to the wind - LOL I found these glass floral picks in the wedding section at Micheal's - They came in a few different colors this are clear. I took the floral pick apart and wound the glass "baubles" behind the rose. Really does add some sparkle. What do you think? I think I like them... better I bought one of each color! LOL
The sentiment is a vinyl sticker from Heidi Grace.. and well Really fit the theme this week!

I hope you will now pop on over to JUST MAGNOLIAS... and see all the other DT Girlie cards and then join us with your own version of a Girlie card!

6 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely yummilicious card, colours go really well together and the beautiful flower is a brilliant idea!

Mariecrea said...

bonjour
elle est vraiment magnifique cette carte ; les couleurs des papiers et la déco sont superbes aussi. bravo.

Alice said...

That's really beautiful! I like the papers you used and the stamp is very nice... then the rose is stunning :)
Alice

Irena said...

Very very cute card, lovely colors :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty Michelle! Love the cheerful colors and papers. That image is fab too and perfect for the challenge. Lovely accents and details. :)